cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
leela2516
Super User
Super User

Travel Allowance - Austria Time Bands and Foreign Travel Allowance Rate

We are having an issue with foreign travel allowance outside of Austria. We have implemented time bands and can confirm our testing is traveling to a foreign country for more than 5 hours. However, the foreign travel is using the domestic travel allowance rate. Has anyone else experienced this?

4 REPLIES 4
Munari_alEXPert
Super User
Super User

dear @leela2516 

I had a similar issue in a company 5 years ago, specifically for Austria travel allowance for abroad. If I recall well, there was the possibility to calculate allowance based on days, or hours. If set up on hours, it would give a better and correct results. 

Did you raise the matter with your Concur account manager or via concur support? 

In your case, if you are a concur administrator, I would run a couple of tests, from one of your employees, if you do not have a test user, and forward those test to Concur support, so they can identify the issue from the system, but again my assumption still because there are a few different ways to calculate allowance (based on days OR hours). it should be easily detect and fixed as it was at the company where I was for implementing the system.

let me know how it goes. Thank you 

Kind Regards

Alessandro Munari

Thank you @Munari_alEXPert ! I do have a case opened with Concur, was trying all avenues. I have a call with them later today as they seem to be struggling to identify the issue. We do have them set up with time bands based on hours and it seems that a minor configuration changes to the "same_day" setting has caused all international travel to default to the domestic rate. If I change that "same_day" setting back, then it does not calculate the hours correctly for the first and last day of travel. Hoping the call this afternoon will provide us a solution as it is delaying our testing and could potentially delay our go-live with Austria. Hopefully more to come this afternoon.

@Munari_alEXPert, was wondering if you could remember anything about the resolution. Concur is still working on our case and have yet to provide a resolution. Any additional insight you could provide?

I have just sent you a private message. please check your inbox, than if you get the full answers from Concur, you may share it here. thank you 

Kind Regards

Alessandro Munari