cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Swg0412
Occasional Member - Level 1

This hotel expense does not have a reservation associated with it.

This hotel expense does not have a reservation associated with it. Please locate the matching reservation and associate with this expense.

I used SAP Concur to make my hotel reservation and I now have the hotel expense in SAP Concur.

How do I associate the reservation with the expense?

1 Solution
Solution
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Swg0412 hello there. I see you were able to get your report submitted. Usually when you book your hotel through SAP Concur and pay for the hotel on your company card, SAP Concur will match the hotel reservation (the little blue bed icon) to the company card charge. Since that didn't happen in your case, what you can do in the future is before submitting an expense report, click the Import Expenses link just below the expense report name. This will open your available expenses including unmatched travel reservations. All you need to do is click on the hotel reservation icon (the little blue bed), but keep your mouse button pressed, then drag the bed icon onto the hotel expense on your report. That will match them together. I'm not sure why SAP Concur didn't match the two together automatically.

If you would like to match the two items before your report gets fully approved, you can log into SAP Concur, click Expense at the top of the screen. On the screen that opens you will see your submitted report. If you click on it, it will open. You will see a little orange button on the right side of the screen labeled Recall. If you recall the report, you can then follow the steps I provided. You will need to submit the report again. 

Not having the hotel itinerary matched isn't preventing submission, but it appears your company prefers it to be matched. 

Let me know if you have any questions.

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Solution
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Swg0412 hello there. I see you were able to get your report submitted. Usually when you book your hotel through SAP Concur and pay for the hotel on your company card, SAP Concur will match the hotel reservation (the little blue bed icon) to the company card charge. Since that didn't happen in your case, what you can do in the future is before submitting an expense report, click the Import Expenses link just below the expense report name. This will open your available expenses including unmatched travel reservations. All you need to do is click on the hotel reservation icon (the little blue bed), but keep your mouse button pressed, then drag the bed icon onto the hotel expense on your report. That will match them together. I'm not sure why SAP Concur didn't match the two together automatically.

If you would like to match the two items before your report gets fully approved, you can log into SAP Concur, click Expense at the top of the screen. On the screen that opens you will see your submitted report. If you click on it, it will open. You will see a little orange button on the right side of the screen labeled Recall. If you recall the report, you can then follow the steps I provided. You will need to submit the report again. 

Not having the hotel itinerary matched isn't preventing submission, but it appears your company prefers it to be matched. 

Let me know if you have any questions.

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.