cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rich1028
Occasional Member - Level 1

Submitting an expense - partial claim

I'm on an extended trip (30 days) OCONUS and the hotel I'm staying at billed my entire stay to my corporate AMEX (around $5500).  Since I cannot expense future dates, is there a way to submit for lodging expenses incurred to date?

Due to the length of my trip and the credit card billing cycle, I may have to pay my AMEX bill out of pocket, to keep it from going into a past due status. So, getting reimbursed by my company for a large portion of my lodging expenses, which I have incurred to date, will make the amount I have to pay AMEX, much smaller.

When I try, I get an error "The itemization amounts do not add up to the expense amount." or " Reminder: Expenses cannot be submitted with a future date"

Example: Can I submit my current lodging expenses at day 21 (totaling approx. $3850) for direct payment by my company to AMEX, then reconcile the remaining lodging expenses for 9 days ( approx. $1650) when my trip has concluded. This way, if I have to pay AMEX out of pocket and be reimbursed by my company, I'd rather pay $1650 vs. $5500

1 Solution
Solution
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Rich1028 I take it you received in your Available Expenses the AMEX charge for $5500, is that correct?

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Solution
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Rich1028 I take it you received in your Available Expenses the AMEX charge for $5500, is that correct?

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
breddish
New Member - Level 1

Hi Kevin, 

I have the same question as above, but I don't see the complete solution. 

Thanks!

Touch88
New Member - Level 1

What do I do when I don't see the Submit button in an expense?

SFrazee

Where do I go to submit an expense?

kthorsen70

Sorry I am having a terrible time figuring how to put mileage in for travel time. Can that please be explained to me.