cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ravindranavale
Occasional Member - Level 1

SAPConcur Expenses (Partial Claim)

In SAPConCur Expenses under Travel expenses, complete journey details are required to fill to calculate daily allowances information. But when stay is extended and if some one wants to do partial claim, then it seems Partial Claim facility is not available in application. How to handle this condition? Anyone faced it earlier? If Yes, what's the workaround?

1 Solution
Solution
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@ravindranavale you can certainly create another expense report to claim the further expenses based on the trip being extended. I was referring specifically to Travel allowances. If your trip was originally scheduled to end on let's say January 20th. When you enter in the itinerary dates, on the date of your return, you get, I believe 75% of that day's per diem/travel allowance. Now your trip is extended to let's say January 25th. Because you now are not returning home on the 20th, as originally scheduled, you are now eligible to receive 100% of that day's travel allowance. However, if you have already submitted that itinerary on an expense report, you wont' be able to adjust the itinerary to account for the trip extension. Have you submitted the original travel itinerary on an expense report and has that report been fully approved? If not, it could be send back to you so you can make the adjustments. 

As for all other travel expenses you will be incurring due to the trip being extended, you can certainly create another expense claim and add those credit card charges to the claim to make sure your credit card account is reconciled and settled. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@ravindranavale I don't believe you can do a partial claim when it comes to travel allowances. The system is designed to account for an entire trip when entering an itinerary. What happens if you split a trip is you don't receive the correct amount of travel allowance for the last date entered on the itinerary. 

Why do you need to split the trip itinerary? Why not just put the entire trip on one expense claim?

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
ravindranavale
Occasional Member - Level 1

If its a short trip its easy to enter complete trip details. Just in case now, trip is extended like a long stay for International Travel for Project work. We need have an option for partial claim some how. So partial claim reimbursement helps to settle credit cards time to time. I feel its essential to have the option for partial claim, 

Solution
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@ravindranavale you can certainly create another expense report to claim the further expenses based on the trip being extended. I was referring specifically to Travel allowances. If your trip was originally scheduled to end on let's say January 20th. When you enter in the itinerary dates, on the date of your return, you get, I believe 75% of that day's per diem/travel allowance. Now your trip is extended to let's say January 25th. Because you now are not returning home on the 20th, as originally scheduled, you are now eligible to receive 100% of that day's travel allowance. However, if you have already submitted that itinerary on an expense report, you wont' be able to adjust the itinerary to account for the trip extension. Have you submitted the original travel itinerary on an expense report and has that report been fully approved? If not, it could be send back to you so you can make the adjustments. 

As for all other travel expenses you will be incurring due to the trip being extended, you can certainly create another expense claim and add those credit card charges to the claim to make sure your credit card account is reconciled and settled. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey