cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rman68
Occasional Member - Level 3

SAP Concur pushing us to a new Platform

Hi,

We've used SAP Concur for about 8-9 years now and more recently we are being recommended by our Sales rep to move to a new Platform. I am curious to know if there are other clients who were in a similar situation. We have no issues with our current platform and the new platform being recommended to us is exactly the same but just a new slate for us to reconfigure our settings. There seems to be a hint that "old" platforms would be sunsetted and if you don't do this now, this may be forced upon us later. We haven't been given any factual information but only more so what if situations on how this new platform would help us or prevent further issues later down the road, so before we make any decision I wanted to reach out the community here for their experiences.

Thank you!

5 REPLIES 5
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Rman68 can you please explain a bit further about the new platform? I think you might be referring to our new user interface. If that is the case, all that is at the moment is for end users and expense reports. It won't change anything in your configuration or require any configuration changes. 

I can tell you that there will be a time when the old UI will go away. 

I'll await your reply to see if by new Platform, you were referring to the new user interface. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
Rman68
Occasional Member - Level 3

@KevinD Hi Kevin. I'm actually referring to the Concur platform/instance and not the UI. We've been a customer of Concur for nearly 8-9 years. Does this Concur platform/instance ever expire or sunsets to where need to move to new platform/instance after a number of years?

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Rman68 No, that shouldn't be the case. I've been at SAP Concur for almost 13 years and have never heard of this. Maybe there was a miscommunication between you and the sales rep. Maybe they were referring to the new UI, but used the term Platform instead or possibly they were referring to something else. Can you send me a private message with the name of the sales rep, please? That way I can reach out to them and see what it was they were trying to communicate to you. If you click my username (KevinD) you will see an option to message me. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Rman68 hello there. I spoke with the team that works with your company. They assured me that if you have any questions, they will be happy to answer them. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Rman68 I wanted to do a little follow-up for you. So, we do have a Replatform program that does consist of moving you to a new instance of SAP Concur. This program targets customers with the following profile:

• SAP Concur customer for 5–10 years+
  • Current Concur Admins were not a part of the initial evaluation and implementation
  • High rate of growth (usage)

This program offers the following benefits:

• Scalability
  • System Maintenance
  • Reporting
  • New Functionality
  • Site Consolidation

I just wanted to provide you a little bit of information. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey