cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ronni
Occasional Member - Level 2

Reports Approved But Receipts Not Viewed

Hello,

Looking for proper verbiage to send out to employees that are approving reports but receipt not viewed.  All suggestions are appreciated. Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
Munari_alEXPert
Super User
Super User

dear @ronni

I wouldn't be able to suggest messages to sent to your group of people as I would need to understand a bit more the Company's culture and general way of communication, however I would try to provide some suggestions, but firstly, which approval flow is it in place in Concur? 

1- Employee submit expense --> Manager approve --> Expense processor approve for payment

2- Employee submit expense --> Expense processor/Concur Audit approve- ->Manager approve --> Expense processor approve for payment

As if you have set up the first type, I would understand more your frustrations, and so I would suggest to move to add an additional step. Manager approve the business of the expenses and not necessary if the correct receipts are attached (this is to be realistic) and Concur can neither stop approval if manager didn't check expenses... We neither wanted manager to use their time to verify receipts, for which they are responsible but shouldn't be part of their main tasks.

You can run reports from Cognos verifying if manager viewed the receipts, and propose to management if they want to take actions, but even if managers view receipts doesn't mean they actually really check them..

Kind Regards

Alessandro Munari
ronni
Occasional Member - Level 2

Thank you.  Our approval flow is as follows:  1- Employee submit expense --> Manager approve --> Expense processor approve for payment

We spoke with the Director and she suggested some indirect generalized verbiage would suit better for our company. 

Do you have any publications, guides, etc. that states why it is important to review receipts? or anything in regards to this?