cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rachybp
Occasional Member - Level 1

Receipt Limits

Just trying to get an idea of what other companies use as their receipt limit for expenses. My company currently only requires receipts for expenses over $50 and I wanted to get some idea of what other companies do to justify whether this limit could be lowered. 

5 REPLIES 5
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@rachybp Here at SAP Concur we require receipts for cash/out of pocket expenses over $25 and corporate card charges over $75. I believe these are the same rates the IRS deems as acceptable. 

I can tell you in my experience working with hundreds of our clients, I have seen companies that require receipts for every expense, for expenses $10 or more, for $25 or more, etc. I've seen all kinds of limits. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
darimura
Occasional Member - Level 1

Yes, we also have a $75 limit for receipts.  That is the recommended amount by the IRS.

JessicaL
Frequent Member - Level 1

I have worked a few places where the receipt limit was $25.00 for both out-of-pocket and credit cards.

Jessica
Travel and Expense System Administrator
Munari_alEXPert
Super User
Super User

dear Rachybp,

I would say it depends. If your company uses Corporate Credit Cards with feed into Concur, I would consider safe to have limit of 50 USD, however only for credit card transactions and never cash, which eventually can be clamed with an Affidavit.

If your company has a lot of business in countries where there is possibility to recover VAT and the company wants to recover it, this limit might be reduced to 10 USD equivalent or even Zero. In your case I would first investigate with the Tax department in your company, how and if they want recover VAT and if that make sense. 

Kind Regards

Alessandro Munari
Nancyagfa
Super User
Super User

We use $25 as the limit to start attaching receipts.

Nancy Murray
Agfa