cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mglerum
Occasional Member - Level 1

Rec'd travel approval after travel to event

I had submitted a travel approval request that was approved after the travel occurred. 

I have submitted my expenses for reimbursement and get a notice that the travel start date must be greater than today's date. 

Is there a way to get my expense reimbursement processed?  Do I recall the expense report, submit a new request for a future date, and then resubmit the expenses? 

BTW, my manager leaves the company on Friday so I need to get this completed quickly.

1 Solution
Solution
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@mglerum I didn't see anything in your expense report history. All I saw were the Travel Requests that you have created. In fact, one of the travel requests has the message about travel start date must be greater than today's date. This request can be recalled. I would give that a try and see if you can make some adjustments to get the date issue sorted out.

Also, a Travel Request is different from submitting the actual expenses for reimbursement. Travel Requests are estimated expenditures for a future trip. So, once you have actually incurred the expenses, you will create an expense report so you can be reimbursed for the business expenses.

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@mglerum without looking at your report, you may be able to open the report header details and see the Report Date field. Sometimes this field can be changed. If so, see if you can move the report date back a bit. 

Also, the notice you received...was it a red notice?

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
mglerum

It was a red notice. 

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@mglerum did you try changing the report date to an earlier date?

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
mglerum

I wasn't able to but will try looking again.  Thank you!

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@mglerum I went into your account but I didn't see any expense reports that were open. Did you delete the report you were asking about?

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
mglerum

I didn't delete anything and was not able to change the date.  Could it be that it was sent thru for processing?  I have a new approval for the expenses if needed. 

Solution
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@mglerum I didn't see anything in your expense report history. All I saw were the Travel Requests that you have created. In fact, one of the travel requests has the message about travel start date must be greater than today's date. This request can be recalled. I would give that a try and see if you can make some adjustments to get the date issue sorted out.

Also, a Travel Request is different from submitting the actual expenses for reimbursement. Travel Requests are estimated expenditures for a future trip. So, once you have actually incurred the expenses, you will create an expense report so you can be reimbursed for the business expenses.

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
malim
New Member - Level 1

I had submitted a pre-approval request for attending IEEE Cloud 2022 from July 11 through July 16 in May and was approved by my manager. I used the approval for registering our paper, booking flights, and accommodation. When tried to submit expense claim after the conference, I noticed that It was returned to me  in June because it requires upper management's approval but I did not notice it then. Now I cannot submit it with the original dates so I selected the current  date as the start and return date and resubmitted. It has been approved by my manager and  the upper management. However, it is sitting idle in the request list with error "Start Date should be greater than or equal to today's date." It looks like one from the finance care to look into it. And there is no way of communicating with anyone.

malim
New Member - Level 1

@KevinD Could you advise me how I could resolve this issue? Thank you.

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@malim it appears the Request was approved with this exception, so it looks like it is progressing through the approvals. It is now pending Finance Approval so they should be able to give it final approval. Once approved you can attach it to the matching expense report. 

We have to wait and see what happens when Finance tries to approve. I think they will be able to approve it. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey