cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tstagliano
Routine Member - Level 2

Rank Reporting in Intelligence

Has anyone created a Cognos Intelligence report that will rank total spend by employee for a certain time period but also showing the details of that spend?  So for example, if for the month of September, we have the top 10 employees based on expense report value, if #1 had 3 expense reports submitted in that month, we are trying to show those details next to their ranking?  Right now when i add the Report key to the report, that summarized 1 line will now be broken down into 3 lines on the report and then ranked accordingly based on the total amount.

Thomas Stagliano, M.I.T.
1 REPLY 1
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@tstagliano I'm not sure you can get it to show the details of each report, but you can create a drill-through report where the three report names would be listed and each is a hyperlink to a "child" report that would show the details of each report. The only thing is, you could only display one report at a time.

A master-detail report could possibly be used as well, which is basically a list report inside a list report. I think this would actually work better. Try this link and search for Master Detail in the document to see how this report is built: https://assets.concur.com/concurtraining/cte/en-us/cognos_11_business_intelligence_training_manual.d.... Of course the example isn't exactly what you are asking, but could give you enough to build what you need.

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.