cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Schuleman
Occasional Member - Level 1

Personal Expense

Hello, 

I have two personal expenses i need to "mark" as personal. i have been uuable to locate the place to do that on the concur app as well as online. I have discussed with coworkers and they tell me they have a place to mark expenses as personal. i have searched high and low with no luck. I have also checked to make sure my app does not need updating. My company requires i mark these expenses as personal and then i send in payment. If i am unable to mark them as personal i have no idea how to remove them from my expense list. 

Please advise how to identify the problem that might be caussing this issue. Thank you!

5 REPLIES 5
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Schuleman first thing we need to know to help you is, have you created an expense report and added these two expenses to the report? 

I'm just guessing here, but it sounds to me like maybe you haven't done that yet. Once expenses are added to an expense report and you click that expense to show the details (all the fields), you will see a little check box that says, "Personal Expense (do not reimburse). That is what you will need to do. 

Let me know if this helps you or if you still have questions. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
Schuleman

Hi! Yes, i have made an expense report and added the two expenses to it. My coworkers have shown me screen shots of what i should have and i do not. 

Any other suggestions? 

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Schuleman please send me your Concur login ID (username) and the name of the company you work for. I'd like to go in and take a look at your account and your expense report. 

Also, can you take a screenshot of what your screen looks like, please? Be sure to capture your entire screen.

Send all of this to me in a private message so others won't see your login ID. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
jacobwr

Hi All, 

I seem to be having a similar problem here. 

I want to assign X amount of my expense as personal - however after creating an expense report and adding in my relevant expense, I can't see any "tick box" for personal/ non-reimbursable (either before or after I try to itemise it), and equally I do not have a "Expense Type" for personal expense from my company options. 

Any help would be very much appreciated. 

Thanks. 

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@jacobwr It is possible that whomever configured your site, has the Personal Expense checkbox hidden. I'm not sure why this would be hidden and we certainly wouldn't recommend it, but that is most likely the case. 

If you want to send me a private message with your company name, I can at least take a look and see if the field is being hidden. 

I won't be able to unhide the box, so you may need to reach out internally to your company's SAP Concur site administrator and let them know what is going on. Only someone who has taken our Advanced Configuration training or someone at SAP Concur will be able to fix this. 

Oh, if you don't mind providing your first and last name in your private message along with the Expense report name and the expense in question. I'll take a look at that also. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey