cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rbriggsnc
New Member - Level 1

Personal Card Reimbursement

I had an expense that was charged to my personal card that  needs reimbursement. Online help suggested I import the personal card expense from a file, but it does not appear our version allows this.

8 REPLIES 8
NTS
Super User
Super User

Hello @rbriggsnc,

as far as I know, import expenses from a file is missing in the nextgen ui.

To make it easy, just create a manual expense in concur and attach the receipt (using mobile APP or PC).

If you don't have the receipt, download the bank receipt, and attach it to the expense.

Hope it helps.

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@rbriggsnc on your open expense report, click the New Expense option. You will be presented with a list of Expense Types to choose from. Select the best matching expense type based on your purchase, fill out all fields marked as required, attach your receipt, save, submit. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
ss1515
New Member - Level 1

Tired creating a manual expense report but do not see any option to add say a bank account for reimbursement. How does the reimbursement happen, is a physical check sent in the mail once the expense report is approved.

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@ss1515 the option for adding Bank Information is found by signing in to your SAP Concur profile and clicking the little arrow next to Profile near the upper right corner. Select Profile Settings. On the next screen look to the left-hand side for Expense Settings. Under this heading is where Bank Information would be found. If you don't see it, then that likely means your company is reimbursing you in the same way you receive your paychecks. 

If you are owed reimbursement for business expenses you paid for on your personal credit card, you will probably receive a deposit in your bank account. If you use a corporate credit card for expenses, it is likely that your company is paying that bill. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
ACotter
Occasional Member - Level 1

This issue is coming up for our organization and I have spoken with other organizations who are users as well who see this as a problem with usability.  The file import option is crucial for some of our users to bring in expenses.  We are not talking one or two expenses, but dozens.  From what I have seen in the NextGen UI, which is not built for speed of entry, will significantly waste users time.   

Support has suggested Yodlee which is not an option due to multiple restrictions. 

Discontinuing a file import option and force introducing another vendor and integration seems like a poor choice.  

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@ACotter our file import option for credit card transactions was discontinued a few years ago before NextGen UI was implemented. There is no correlation with NextGen UI and this feature.

Is your company using our ExpenseIt option? 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
ACotter
Occasional Member - Level 1

Discontinued?  It is still available and I have been using it personally along with others.

ExpenseIt is used as well, but not all expenses are printed receipts.  Many come through email are are retrieved on portals. The file import option is the fastest way to take multiple feeds from multiple locations and import it  ExpenseIT doe not pull all the data off of a receipt and populate the expense line that I have seen.

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@ACotter your company is grandfathered in, but as of March 2020, it was no longer available for customers and it will be going away apparently, with our NextGen UI. I don't know why we phased it out. 

ExpenseIt's sole purpose and design is to scan a receipt and pull the vendor, date, amount and city and pre-populate these fields on the expense report to facilitate less manual data entry. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey