cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
maroneya
Occasional Member - Level 2

Payment coming over as cash

Anytime a ticket is being exchanged it is coming over as Cash payment even though the payment was made on the Travel card.  Is there a way to fix this?

Thank you

5 REPLIES 5
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@maroneya is this in your SAP Concur profile or someone else's? It is possible that what is coming over is just the itinerary item of the reservation and not an actual transaction. I can take a look if this is in your account or you provide me the name of who this is happening to. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
maroneya

This is in  expense report FB7E1BF54F3C4DCB9366.  There are 2 airfares coming over as Cash when they were paid for on corporate card.   This has been happening often.  Thank you for getting back to me.

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@maroneya in looking at the report, I see these are itinerary items only. I know it is confusing especially when there are amounts associated to them. However, here is what to look for. You want to see the little Airplane icon (visible to approvers and processors) next to the credit card icon. See highlighted item in first screenshot below. Notice the two items in question have the plane icon, but not the GhostCard icon. 

KevinD_0-1635539969687.png

For the end user to know the difference between just an itinerary item for airfare and the actual airfare expense, is they will see Cash as the payment type with an Airfare item.

KevinD_1-1635540284837.png

What they want to see is Payment Type ORAU Ghost Card (SunTrust Bank) (See third screenshot below).

KevinD_2-1635540298703.png

For now, I would send the report back to the employee and have them delete these two items. Otherwise, the employee will get reimbursed for them. Maybe have the employee wait a couple days to see if a matching card charge comes in for these. Also, double-check the card used to see if these two amounts appear on the card. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
maroneya

Hi Kevin

Makes total sense.  My next question is , is there a "setting" that these tickets come over as Cash instead of pending???

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@maroneya there is an option to set itinerary items to certain payment types by default. However, the way your site is configured, it won't allow you to set a default payment type for Air because all airfare is paid on a Ghost Card. If airfare was being paid for on individual company cards, then the default payment type would be Pending Card Transaction.

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey