cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tessdelafuente
Occasional Member - Level 2

Next Gen UI

Hi

Have you implemented the new UI in your organisation and what testing/negative impact testing did you do (if at all)?

Thanks!

Tess

11 REPLIES 11
jmr101
Occasional Member - Level 3

Hi Tess,

We recently switched on Next Gen UI for all our users, at the same time as doing a relaunch of our expenses policies and procedures, and a configuration tidy up. We largely did this as we had been told that it would be mandatory very soon - we had originally been told late 2019, but that has clearly slipped and as far as I know no date is fixed.

My advice would be to thoroughly test your config in Next Gen, and with some trial users as well. In general it works well, but there are some features that have not been implemented in the Next Gen UI yet, and even some bugs - mostly very nuanced depending on your config, however I've been disappointed that support have recently been closing these bug tickets saying they're not a priority. Many users also find the new UI slower/less responsive, although it is easier to follow, so fine for most users.

To be honest I'm surprised how long it is taking Concur to migrate to the new UI, including upgrading the approver experience which still uses the old UI. I have been involved in Concur implementations for around 2 years now and there seems to have been little progress. I wonder if Concur are re-thinking their strategy around this?

Basically if it works for your config, go for it. But personally I wouldn't invest much time and effort in it if you don't want to, until the roadmap becomes clearer.

Best wishes,

James

Tessdelafuente

Hi James,

Thanks so much for the reply/insight you shared!  Very helpful.

Would you be able to share some specifics of the bugs you've encountered? And are these mostly the general functionalities or are these regarding specific configurations you have in your organisation?

Thanks again!

Regards,

Tess

jmr101

Hi Tess,

The main two we've had both involve itemisations:

• Some expense types are not available to select on child (itemised) entries - e.g. when itemising a hotel expense, our users cannot select certain meal options as a child item even though they are correctly configured to be available (this only affects web, not mobile). It may be because we are using non-standard groupings for our expense types, rather than the Concur default, but there is no reason this should be an issue. Concur Support have confirmed this is a known bug, but it is not a priority to fix and they have closed the ticket.
  • If you have an entry with child (itemised) entries, and then change certain fields or add attendees to the parent entry, the changes do not copy down to the children, which for us caused some issues on audit rules that apply to the child entry. Again Concur have confirmed it's a bug, or rather "a feature that has not yet been implemented in the Next Gen UI".

Both of these have been an issue for us since we transitioned in February.

In fairness they're quite nuanced, and it may well be your config doesn't throw up any such issues.

Best wishes,

James

Jody
SAP Concur Employee
SAP Concur Employee

Hi, @Tessdelafuente and @jmr101!

If you haven't yet seen it, A.G. Lambert shares an update about the updated user interface in his quarterly update video.

Thank you,
Jody Wilkins
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select Accept as Solution so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
jmr101

Thanks @Jody , that's interesting info.

jfrost

Agree.  We are piloting the new UI and planning to go live in March due to Concur urging customers to convert to the new UI.  We are concerned about performance.  

EdwinNatal
Occasional Member - Level 1

Hi Tess,

We selected a group of test subjects if you may to test this out when it became available in early 2019. That being said, technology is not always perfect and can have some flaws that need to be addressed like everything. There has been some issues but the Concur team normally gets to the bottom of the issue within 72 business hours, if they cannot resolve the issue within that timeframe they normally have a patch for it in one of their updates.

Have a great day!

DomCB

Hi Tess,

We implemented the new UI a couple of weeks ago, company wide. With hindsight, we should have had a longer trial period with additional / different users.

Here are the main issues we have encountered so far:

• the new interface is often very slow (significantly slower than the previous UI)
  • one cannot edit multiple expenses at the same time (this will be fixed in a future release, but the timing is still TBA)

Good luck

jfrost

The multi-edit is a problem for us as well and our users are not happy about not being able to drag and drop receipts.  I think what's most disappointing is that Concur will not give us a date as to when the features will be implemented (such as multi-edit) because we would plan our go live around that date. 

jfrost

We are piloting the new UI with a group of users who create reports as a proxy and they are reporting that the new UI is much slower than the current UI.

DomCB

@jfrost wrote:

We are piloting the new UI with a group of users who create reports as a proxy and they are reporting that the new UI is much slower than the current UI.

Yes, that is our experience as well !