cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
slywendy23
Occasional Member - Level 2

Mandating Corporate Credit Card - Company Bill/Company Pay (CBCP)

We are transitioning from expenses being paid with personal cards to a corporate liability card program. I am looking for card policy examples and tips anyone can share that has gone through this process or currently using this type of program. Thank you!!

1 REPLY 1
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@slywendy23 From the title of your post are you looking to make it mandatory that all business expenses be paid for on the assigned company card? 

Audit rules are one of the best ways to drive employee behavior when it comes to expenses. Also, since it is a company paid credit card, you need to make sure you have specific dates when expenses need to be submitted by. Since the entire statement from the card issuer will be paid, there isn't anything driving the user to submit expenses on time. The entire card statement is paid and isn't dependent on users submitting the card transactions. So, having deadlines for submitting expenses is crucial. Also, have a policy in place that is signed off by your CFO for employees that are habitually delinquent in submitting expenses, they run the risk of having their card shut off until they are caught up. 

Lastly, email reminders will be a big help to remind employees to submit expenses. These reminders are already setup in the system. I think the default number of days to remind employees of unused or unsubmitted card transactions is 14 days and I think another one goes out after card transactions are 30 days old. The number of days can be adjusted to your specifications.

These are a few suggestions. I'll be curious to see what some of our customers here on the Community suggest. We have some very knowledgeable members, so I expect some good replies.

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.