cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kricchetti
Occasional Member - Level 1

Importing Employee List for Attendees

I'm trying to use the Concur expense import file but there is no "Employee" option in the expense type. Leaving it blank will not allow the names to import, but if I use "Business Guest" I get an error that this attendee type does not match the expense type. Is there a way to bulk import employees when you have their name and SID?

1 Solution
Solution
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@kricchetti if you use the Advanced Search option from the Attendees section, you can find any other employee. The reason you cannot import fellow employees is because they already exist in the system. From the Advanced Search screen change the Attendee Type to Employee. Then to return all users with profiles, type % in the last name field, then click Search. This will return everyone with a profile. In the results section you can select multiple colleagues to add as attendees. Give this a try and see if it works for you. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Solution
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@kricchetti if you use the Advanced Search option from the Attendees section, you can find any other employee. The reason you cannot import fellow employees is because they already exist in the system. From the Advanced Search screen change the Attendee Type to Employee. Then to return all users with profiles, type % in the last name field, then click Search. This will return everyone with a profile. In the results section you can select multiple colleagues to add as attendees. Give this a try and see if it works for you. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
Westpl
New Member - Level 1

Hey there! I got the same problem.  However, I am importing 40 names who are Employees. I understand your explanation.  Your solution using Advanced Search brings up a population of over 5000.  Is there any other solution, such as Bulk Edit?  This is seems to be a significant limitation when it comes to Employees.  Please advise.

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Westpl I understand your situation, but I believe the initial intent of the Advanced Search was more for smaller team events. There isn't any sort of bulk edit so the first time you are selecting an employee, you must use the Advanced Search to find each one. Once they have been added to one of your reports, they are saved in your favorites for future use. That way you will not see all 5000, but just previously added colleagues.

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
travelexpexpert
Super User
Super User

Hey, 

Can I ask how you add the Import tab (Enable the attendee import feature) to the NextGen UI Attendee pop-up form? 

I've searched high and low and can find decent guidance on importing an attendee list etc. but not how to enable the import feature for all users. 

@travelexpexpert you would need to go to Administration>Expense Admin>Attendee Import Template. You need to Generate Base Template, then Upload Template. I believe that will activate the Attendee Import option on expense reports.

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey

Super, thanks that do seem to do the trick.