cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
slipman
Occasional Member - Level 1

How to stop Amex transactions from posting to Concur

Currently all of our corporate Amex transactions are processed in Concur.  I have one user that would like to use the Amex and not have the transactions post to Concur.  How would I go about making sure they don't post?

1 Solution
Solution
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@slipman @stracrg1 I was given a workaround that might be much easier. You can go in and edit the Effective Date of the assigned company credit card for that user. Just put a future date, like: 01/01/2050. This will "trick" the system and not import transactions for that user until the effective date. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
stracrg1

I'd like to know also.

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@slipman I'm curious, why does this user not want the transactions to post to SAP Concur? The transactions need to be accounted for and submitted. SAP Concur is the system of record for these transactions and it seems like it would make extra work for the Account/Finance team to then have to manually reconcile the amounts of these transactions when they do their month end close to balance out the books. 

I'll await your reply and while waiting I'll see if it is possible to turn off the feed for one person.

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
stracrg1

Thank you I’ll give that a try

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@slipman So, I posted your question internally and the person that replied said that you should contact AMEX directly about this. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
slipman

Great thanks for the info Kevin!!  I appreciate it.

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@slipman happy to help. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
Solution
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@slipman @stracrg1 I was given a workaround that might be much easier. You can go in and edit the Effective Date of the assigned company credit card for that user. Just put a future date, like: 01/01/2050. This will "trick" the system and not import transactions for that user until the effective date. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
slipman

Awesome that's even better.  We will test this out.  Thank you.

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@slipman If you see @Munari_alEXPert's response, I would caution against turning off the feed for one single employee. I think we are both wondering why this employee wants the transactions not to feed into SAP Concur. Without this there won't be a record of this employee's expenses. Also, when you receive the statement from AMEX, it will include the amount of this employee's charges. Since the transactions won't be coming in, you won't have these transactions submitted in SAP Concur and then someone will need to do some manual work to get the amount paid to AMEX to reconcile with what was submitted through Concur. These numbers won't match up, so there will need to be some work on your part to make sure the amount of this employee's charges are included when doing your month end reconciliation. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
Munari_alEXPert
Super User
Super User

Dear @slipman

I find this topic interesting but very strange from a user to ask such a question. I mean one of the main purpose of companies having credit card is actually the feeding of those transactions. As mentioned by @KevinD I guess is possible to have those hidden, however, why this user wants that? My interpretation would be because the user wanted the card to be used also for personal purposes and not only for business.

If I were you I would first of all check the contract signed by your company with AMEX, eventually with the help of the legal department who most likely had finally reviewed and signed it.

My main concern would be who is liable in case of non payment to AMEX?

• Company's full liability?
  • Share liability Company and employee?
  • Full employee's liability?

So I would accept, after checking also with company policy and their manager, if only the card was full employee's liability, otherwise, the company could encounter the requirement to pay AMEX in case of the employee forgetting to pay their private transactions.

Kind Regards

Alessandro Munari