cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sduong1966
Occasional Member - Level 1

How to get the detail report to print in date order to match the expense ?

7 REPLIES 7
Munari_alEXPert
Super User
Super User

dear @sduong1966 

are you referring to the hard copy expense report header, which you can choose once printing it to than include your receipts? If so, I am not sure the purpose of that, since expenses should be verified within the Concur system, as between the "Print Report" and the actual expense report in Concur could be different. In a way, if an employee print the hard copy report and than modify the expense report on the system, the hard copy has no real value. 

Or are you working in accounting and need to print the report only once is approved for payment? That is the only time it could be considered a valid document.

If you are instead an expense user, you would be better just by selecting "Date" in your expense report, which it will provide you the list of expenses by date, which you can do it also by amount or expense type.

Please clarify the reason behind your request, as I remember 10 years ago I was asked a similar question by accounting for the details report and it wasn't possible to modify the order of the printed items.

thank you

Kind Regards

Alessandro Munari
PaulArnone
Occasional Member - Level 2

We are having the same issue. When selecting Print/Email of an expense report and then selecting Detailed Report, the transactions on the report do not appear in chronological order as they appear in Concur when viewing the expense report.  Is there any way to print the detailed report so that the transactions appear in date order as sduong asked?

PaulArnone
Occasional Member - Level 2

I opened a case with SAP Concur and they were able to help. The only option is to sort with the most recent date first.  Here's how you can do it:

1. Navigate to Administration > Expense > Printed Reports.
2. Select the name of the Printed Report.
3. Click on the 'Modify Content' button.
4. Select ExpenseEntries and then click the 'Modify Fields' button.
5. Under field name 'Transaction Date' the column 'Sort Order' should be updated from 'None' to '1'
6. Then click 'SAVE'

DWright

I cannot find the Modify content button (basically have not been able to follow the prompts listed).  I want to print report in date order, even if it's most recent backwards.

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@DWright the steps listed by @PaulArnone are for site administrators, so if you don't have the proper permission, you won't be able to access the screens he's referring to. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
DWright

I am new to Concur.  Would that be the administrator here at my company?  Is there a way that I can do this?

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@DWright Yes, it would be the Administrator at your company. I have two names for you. I'll send them in a private message here. Check the envelope icon up near your name in a couple of minutes.

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.