cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Subha55
Occasional Member - Level 2

How to claim the notice period short fall amount from IBM which I paid to my previous organization

Hi Team,

Good afternoon to all...!!

Could any body let me know how to claim the notice period short fall amount from IBM which I paid to my previous organization.

I paid a sum of 17,515 to my previous organization as a notice period shortfall liable amount which even I was assured to be paid by IBM during the selection process.

But when I am trying to claim the sum in SAP Concur homepage, every time the request is getting denied as it's throwing an exception of incorrect category selection.

And to add, I am also not sure about the exact template or exact category which I should opt for the claim.

Can anybody please help me with the right category ??

Also I am not able to find the exact category type in the SAP Community Help portal.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Subhasish

1 Solution
Solution
Subha55

Hi Team,

Yes this information is useful.

I will contact the required person and will observe the same.

Thanks for help.

Thanks and Regards,

Subhasish

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Munari_alEXPert
Super User
Super User

Dear @Subha55 

without the need to go into details, if you are no longer an employee of a company, you shouldn't have anymore access to their system, as common practice. I am not sure about the expense you would try to get reimburse, however it seems related to employment agreements previously done with the former employer.

If you still feel the right to be reimburse, most likely you would need to deal with the payroll/HR department, and get reimburse by them an not Concur.

If by any case the former company come back saying you should get reimburse via Concur, as this would be something internally within the company, contact or ask to who you should contact in your company for Concur system issues, and they could also provisionally allow access even if you don't work anymore there, but even on this case, if I were the company I would pay you via Accounts Payable and not expenses.

Please verify internally and let us know how it went. 

Kind Regards

Alessandro Munari
Subha55

Hi Munari,

Thanks for your return.

I am not clear about the solutions Munari.

Let me explain the total scenario over here.

I was working in IQVIA; a product based company with healthcare domain and I was looking for a job change. I got selected into IBM and received the offer letter of 14th April 2021.

The notice period was 90 days and I wanted to be released earlier; hence I paid a sum of 17,515 INR to the organization and I was released before 1 month of my notice period.

I had discussed with my recruiter in the selection process if I could this amount from IBM as  a reimbursement and I was assured that yes, I will be getting the same.

Now when I am claiming the same, I am not able to get it as I am not able fill in the right category for the same and it's getting rejected.

The help and FAQs mentioned in the SAP Community help page mentioned are not of much use as I am not able to derive a particular conclusion regarding the exact template I should use or the correct template I must put in place to have the reimbursement.

Could you please guide me how can I be able to claim the sum.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Subhasish

Munari_alEXPert
Super User
Super User

dear @Subha55 

those issues you are having are not general one, but really really specific to your case, so you won't be able to get a solution via this forum. We can suggest, but your situation is clearly between you, IQVIA, your recruiter and IBM.

Every. company set up the Concur system differently, with the expense types they prefer and with the rules they most apply to them, so in this community we can not know how individual companies set up their system.

Specifically to your problem, but this is out of scope here, is not a matter of which expense type you should be using, that generally in Concur should be expensed ONLY items related to Travel and Expenses, no penalty or fees for specific employment agreement. This should go through payroll or HR. Personally I would consider that should be your recruiter speaking with IBM for assuring you this reimbursement, or your recruiter (as is the one saying that those cost would be reimbursed to you) to take care of this linking between you and IBM.

I wouldn't, as first thing as employed, ask IBM to pay back fees which are neither responsible to pay... Only if they said before hiring you and it was agreed.

In all, this is not something we can help directly here and can only wish you good luck.

Kind Regards

Alessandro Munari
Solution
Subha55

Hi Team,

Yes this information is useful.

I will contact the required person and will observe the same.

Thanks for help.

Thanks and Regards,

Subhasish