cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nmorris
Occasional Member - Level 3

How does eveyone handle corrections for processed reports?

How does everyone handle corrections that are identified in audits. We use a third party audit software to identify duplicate transaction or transactions that do not follow our company policies. Sometimes we just need to follow up with the employee to make sure they follow policy on future reports other time we need to make entries to correct how the report posted in our accounting software. For example, and employee submits a receipt on a report and didn't match it to the credit card transaction therefore they were reimbursed as a cash expense. Then the employee submits the credit card transaction on a different report. Currently we have been entering the correction directly into our accounting software but wondering if this is the best practice. When we run annual reports in Intelligence that pull these transactions we are seeing the duplicate transactions and are now going back to the accounting system to verify if it was caught and a correction was made. Should these corrections be somehow entered through Concur so that the Intelligence reporting also shows the corrections?

1 REPLY 1
Kailash
Routine Member - Level 1

Dear

It is depend on company policies as how we can do that, and the example you have given for cash expense, i would say that you can stop before it happens, i mean you can create the audit rule for that.

here even it is not clear from you comments, but i assue that user are not matching the E-receipts to credit card transaction and then it paid out as cash, so this we can stop via audit rules, and  users will not be able to submit the report if they do not match E-receipts to CC transactions..

and i think for duplicate trancations also you can create the audit rule, so these reprots will be picked for audit automatically or you can stop approving these reports

Regards

Kailash