cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ktarpey
Occasional Member - Level 1

Google Mileage Calculation Change for Same Route

We have an employee who has been entering the same route for some time and last week the mileage calculation was two miles less. Does this happen and what could be the explanation?

Thank you!

6 REPLIES 6
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@ktarpey I've not come across this issue before. Are users allowed to adjust the amount that is calculated when they close the mileage calculator?

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
ktarpey

Hi Kevin,

I don't think so. It seems like the google map is calculating a different mileage now. Just wondering if there could be a reason. The map shows the same route, but different mileage. 

Kate

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@ktarpey I wish I knew. With it being powered by Google Maps, I would have to say it is a Google issue. Have you tried opening Google Maps in a separate browser and putting in the From and To to see if that calculates the same or a different distance? I would test that out and see what happens. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
ktarpey

Good idea. It came up with the newer number. Thanks.

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@ktarpey Hey, look at that. I was just throwing something out there to see if it would "stick". 🙂 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
Sydnesue
Occasional Member - Level 3

This happened to us before and Concur Support advised Google Maps updated their Geocodes / locations and when they do it sometimes changes the mileage slightly.