cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
j_stubley
Occasional Member - Level 1

Finance approval pending

Employee submitted Expense report (66449) on 9/15/21, I approved on 9/16/21. 

The expense record is sitting in a state of "Pending Finance Approval".

I have contacted all of the finance folks I am familiar with: Mitch Zalko, Ryan Riess, Mark Blandford, none of them see this item awaiting their approval.

Can I get a contact in finance that can approve this expense submission?  

2 Solutions
Solution
Nancyagfa
Super User
Super User

The employee can open the report and look at the approval flow and audit trail to see where the report is and who it is supposed to go to.  The administrator can also help push this thru if it is stuck with no one to approve.

Nancy Murray
Agfa

View solution in original post

Solution
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@j_stubley What Zoe did was created a Request. These are usually created by employees that are going to travel to get pre-approval for the expenses they plan on incurring. The request usually has the expenses the employee anticipates making on a business trip to give their manager an idea of the trip cost before they book it or spend any money for the trip. 

If Zoe paid for the conference on a personal credit card and is wanting to be reimbursed, then Zoe needs to create an expense report. To do this log into SAP Concur. At the top of the screen there will be an option that says Start a Report.  Once you click Start a Report the Report Header screen will open. Fill out the required fields (marked with a red bar) then click Next. This will create and open the expense report. Zoe can then add an expense for Seminar/Conference to the report. Fill out all the required fields and Zoe needs to attach a receipt to expense entry. 

Zoe will see a message about the Request needing to be attached to the expense report, however it needs to be approved by a Request Administrator. The three names you mentioned, Mitch, Ryan and Mark, do not have the Request Administration role to approve the Request. I tried doing a search for who at IBM has this permission, but nothing came up. 

Once the Request has been approved, however, Zoe can click the Details link on the expense report and select Report Header from the drop down list. When the Report Header window opens, scroll to the bottom of the window to the section labeled Requests. Click the Add button. Zoe will see Request 66449. Click the little checkbox to select the Request, then click Add. 

I'm not sure who will be able to approve the Request, but try reaching out to Brooke Barry at IBM, she is listed as an Authorized Support contact and has some admin rights. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
Solution
Nancyagfa
Super User
Super User

The employee can open the report and look at the approval flow and audit trail to see where the report is and who it is supposed to go to.  The administrator can also help push this thru if it is stuck with no one to approve.

Nancy Murray
Agfa
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@j_stubley has this been resolved? If not, what is the name of the employee? I'm not seeing a report with those numbers that has Pending Finance Approval. In fact, I don't see an approval status named Pending Finance Approval in your system. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
j_stubley

No this has not been resolved - employee name is Zoe Marrich-Simon

Concur expense ticket is 66449.

j_stubley_0-1634767343210.png

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@j_stubley the screenshot you have is not of an expense report, it is a Travel Request. That is why none of the people you listed can see it in their approval queue. These are what people submit prior to booking travel. This is not how they submit expenses for reimbursement. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
j_stubley

OK Kevin, How do you see as a travel expense?

The type in the concur report says

j_stubley_0-1634929438855.png

Grace Hopper is a conference. So what should Zoe be doing? 

j_stubley

To be sure we use Concur at IBM for travel and non-travel expenses. End user would submit as non-travel expense.

Which I believe is exactly what this one is. A conference fee. non travel  

j_stubley

The more important thing is the status = Pending Finance approval.

and in the approval chain it shows a functional ID so who exactly is functional ID? 

Solution
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@j_stubley What Zoe did was created a Request. These are usually created by employees that are going to travel to get pre-approval for the expenses they plan on incurring. The request usually has the expenses the employee anticipates making on a business trip to give their manager an idea of the trip cost before they book it or spend any money for the trip. 

If Zoe paid for the conference on a personal credit card and is wanting to be reimbursed, then Zoe needs to create an expense report. To do this log into SAP Concur. At the top of the screen there will be an option that says Start a Report.  Once you click Start a Report the Report Header screen will open. Fill out the required fields (marked with a red bar) then click Next. This will create and open the expense report. Zoe can then add an expense for Seminar/Conference to the report. Fill out all the required fields and Zoe needs to attach a receipt to expense entry. 

Zoe will see a message about the Request needing to be attached to the expense report, however it needs to be approved by a Request Administrator. The three names you mentioned, Mitch, Ryan and Mark, do not have the Request Administration role to approve the Request. I tried doing a search for who at IBM has this permission, but nothing came up. 

Once the Request has been approved, however, Zoe can click the Details link on the expense report and select Report Header from the drop down list. When the Report Header window opens, scroll to the bottom of the window to the section labeled Requests. Click the Add button. Zoe will see Request 66449. Click the little checkbox to select the Request, then click Add. 

I'm not sure who will be able to approve the Request, but try reaching out to Brooke Barry at IBM, she is listed as an Authorized Support contact and has some admin rights. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
j_stubley

Kevin, Thanks for for your patience. We cancelled Zoe's original REQUEST and resubmitted as an expense and it went right through.

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@j_stubley glad to hear it. Always great when a resolution for a problem occurs. 🙂

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
fawnakincey32

As far as I understand, such financial approvals are needed to provide reports to the bank in the long run. This is necessary for the bank to give an opinion on the approval of the loan. However, you don't have to hire employees or give them access to your personal account to get approval. Personally, I use an app that makes sure I pay my bills on time and also makes a tally of all my expenses. So if this is important to you, you might want to try https://www.doughroller.net/ . For some people, it's a good way to save money for employees in the financial industry.