cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CHPOI
Occasional Member - Level 1

Expense Processor Permissions

Community,

What is the request process to obtain "Expense Processor Permissions" as stated in the work instruction "How do I Export Expense Reports to Excel as an Expense Processor?"

I would like to request this permission and need to know where to start.   

Thank you for any and all help.

Christopher Poirier

CHPOI@Vestas.com

Field Service Support Coordinator

Vestas Americas, Pueblo PTC Yard (SP-26500)

3325 Lime Road

Pueblo, CO 81004

Mobile (719) 557-1486

3 REPLIES 3
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@CHPOI this permission is usually reserved for people in your Finance or Accounting departments. The permission is for what some term as Back Office approval of the expense report. A lot of our customers use the processor approval as the final approval for the expense report. So, depending on your role at your company, there is a good chance that you would not be allowed to have this permission. 

The permission gives the user access to anyone's expense report within your entire organization. That is why it usually only Finance or Accounting who get the permission assigned. 

Are you someone who has direct reports? Do you approve their expense reports? Why do you want to download reports to Excel and whose reports do you want to download? These are questions you might be asked if you request this permission. 

There are other alternatives to get expense report data that would not require this permission. If you are someone with direct reports and want to see all their data in one spreadsheet, that is possible through our reporting tool. 

I know my post seems long, but before I tell you who you can speak to at your company, I need to ask you these questions and see if after thinking about what I've asked and explained if you think you still need the permission.

If so, let me know and I can look up your company's site administrators. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
CHPOI

Kevin, 

We have four credit cards at our site location and we are trying to produce detailed reports that include the comment area of the expense input form.  The expense report that is currently available through the Expense Tab can only produce a date range of expenses and does not show the comments section of the expense.  This is important as we spend a lot of money at Lowers our Home depot and a date range query does not show the comments.  The comments section is used by use to explain why we had this expense.  Example, if I buy cleaning supplies on one purchase for $5 and tools on another purchase for $11 then the current query will show there was $16 spent at Lowes. 

When performing our budget analysis we need to separate the cleaning cost from tools cost.  This is our goal is to separate the cost by what is in the comments portion of the expense reporting.

My current manager that approves all the Expense Reports does not have the Expense Tab > Processor > Process Reports option on his system.

Please provide us with the site administrator contact information so we can move forward with this request our a denial.

You have helped us significantly as I have created multiple tickets and sent numerous emails requesting the who what why and where of this permission request and you have given us a detail reply. Thank you 🙂

CHPOI

Kevin,

How do I get the report tool as stated "There are other alternatives to get expense report data that would not require this permission. If you are someone with direct reports and want to see all their data in one spreadsheet, that is possible through our reporting tool.".  If this is the current query report on the SAP Concur TAB it does not provide the "comments section" which is what we need.  The comments makes it possible for us to see what actual was purchased and why.  Is there a report in SAP Concur that produces a query that contains the comment section.   FYI we fill out the "comments section" every time an expense report is submitted with the receipts.