Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
YSar
Occasional Member - Level 1

Entry Key vs Entry Legacy Key

Dear all,

As per documentation 

Entry Key
Unique system-assigned key that identifies the expense, is this the expense DB key?

Entry Legacy Key
Allows users to match expense entries in Analysis/Intelligence with the same values in Concur Expense

Can someone explain a bit further please . I know in most reports in intelligence we use the entry key, can someone give me an example when do we use the Entry Legacy key , or when can I see it in the front end ?

I fully understand the Report Key and report legacy key , since report legacy key is the one we can see in process reports in the summary, and the report key the reporting one, but can someone provide a similar example for the entry vs entry legacy key?

Many thanks 

1 Solution
Solution
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@YSar the reply I posted was from someone on our reporting team. 🙂 Entry Key can be used for Joins and Master Detail reports, but there is no use of having Entry Key actually displayed on your report. I believe that is what the reporting team was trying to convey. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@YSar Here is an explanation I received:

Entry Key is the key that is generated in the reporting database once the record is created or the database is regenerated. This value could change and is not useful for any display on reports but is indexed and thus the best option for joins that might need to be made. Legacy key is the value that comes from the production database and is created when the entry is created. This value won’t change in the reporting database and is the better option to use if the client needs a key displayed. This key would also be displayed in their accounting extract.

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
YSar
Occasional Member - Level 1

Hello @KevinD ,

Many thanks for the answer , fairly clear, I was not aware that the entry key could change

Just one comment, I am rather  surprised that you mention the entry key is not useful for reporting since its widely used in you standard reporting. May you please confirm this part with Concur Cognos Reporting team , and get also their perspective , I would be very interested in knowing their opinion

Many thanks 

Solution
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@YSar the reply I posted was from someone on our reporting team. 🙂 Entry Key can be used for Joins and Master Detail reports, but there is no use of having Entry Key actually displayed on your report. I believe that is what the reporting team was trying to convey. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey