cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
monteypoo
Occasional Member - Level 2

Disable Tax Receipt option based on country

I work for a UK company and we only recover VAT on expenses incurred in the UK that are accompanied with an appropriate tax receipt. 

When employees submit expenses, the system appears to set "Tax Receipt" as the default receipt type for all expenses, which means that for almost all of our foreign expenses we are having to switch the receipt type from Tax Receipt to Receipt.

I would prefer to set a rule that if the country of the expense is outside the UK that the system defaults the receipt type to "Receipt", and if possible, disable the "Tax Receipt" type for all non-UK expenses entirely. Does anyone know if it is possible to configure the system to do this?

1 REPLY 1
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@monteypoo I believe you have a couple of options:

1. You can have the Receipt Status field default set to None instead of Tax Receipt. This forces the user to choose something, but at least it doesn't automatically choose Tax Receipt.

2. You can set the Receipt Status field default to Receipt and then create an audit rule that states if Country Equals UK and Receipt Status Field Equals Receipt, the user would get a red alert not allowing that combination. 

You cannot disable or remove Tax Receipt as an option as this is an out of the box option. Sounds like my second suggestion is more what you are looking for. 

To change the Receipt Status field default, you do need to have access to the Tax Configuration screen which requires the Tax Administration permission. If you do not have this permission, then you would need to submit a Help ticket to Concur Support to have them make the change.  

Let me know if you have any questions.

Thank you,
Kevin
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.