cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ivorb
Occasional Member - Level 2

Delegating Receipt viewing/handling and cost allocation permissions

Hi Everyone,

Thanks for allowing me to join the forum. We have about 15 expense users who will be using ExpenseIT to record travel expenses, meals etc, using a company credit card. At month end, we need a finance person to check all receipts are in place, maybe add more, check that the cost allocations are correct etc. He must not be able to approve, submit, delete or return the claims. He will need access to do this for all 15 users.

Questions:

1. Does he need to be added to each user as a delegate or is there a central way of adding him to every user.

2. I have given him Can Prepare / Can view receipts / Can use reporting / Can preview for Approver. This gives him too many rights. He can delete the claim, copy it or mark it ready for review. If I remove the "Can Prepare" permission, he can't do anything. 

3. Is what I am trying to do possible ? It seems to be an all or nothing situation.

Many thanks,  Ivor

2 Solutions
Solution
DeanR
Frequent Member - Level 1

For question 1, in User Administration you can maintain Delegates For in his account and add all of the 15 expense users there.  This is quicker than going into each of their accounts and adding him as a Delegate.

View solution in original post

Solution
ivorb

Brilliant. Thanks so much. 

Appreciated.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Solution
DeanR
Frequent Member - Level 1

For question 1, in User Administration you can maintain Delegates For in his account and add all of the 15 expense users there.  This is quicker than going into each of their accounts and adding him as a Delegate.

Solution
ivorb

Brilliant. Thanks so much. 

Appreciated.

Vijarchana
Occasional Member - Level 3

Hello @ivorb,

Hope you are doing well. Try Expense Receipt Processor who will be able to do all the following:

1. Update the Receipts Received flag in the system by typing or scanning the report ID and providing a unique receipt container ID
2. Upload one or more additional receipts to append to the receipts currently associated with an expense report
3. View all receipts (as images) associated with an expense report
4. Review Expense Receipt Processor alerts

Hope, it helps.

Regards.

ivorb

Thanks very much for this. I will give it a try. I just need to resolve the ability for him to allocate costs centers etc and itemisation. Much appreciated.