cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
doughill16
Occasional Member - Level 1

Concur Expense Airfare Exception Message

I purchased an airline ticket round trip and it said that only one of the airline tickets could be processed. The other one had an exception message of,

"This expense cannot be submitted until it is matched to an imported card transaction. If this was not paid for via card, you may edit the payment type of the expense to reflect the actual payment method."

I used the same card to purchase the flights. They're both under the same invoice. I attached the invoice but it still won't go through and the exception stays. Any thoughts on how to get rid of the exception and be able to submit the expense report?

1 Solution
Solution
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@doughill16 it looks like the United Airfare was paid for on a different card than the airfare for JetBlue. I did some looking and in your site and I saw a Payment Type listed as Centrally Billed. I believe this is where the United Airfare was purchased, so it isn't a charge you are responsible for, but since your name is on the reservation, Concur Travel sent the United itinerary item over to your Available Expenses. The system does this thinking you paid for the expense on your assigned company card. That is why it says Pending Card Transaction because it is "waiting" for the card charge to come in. 

You should be able to just delete that expense report, then delete the Pending item from your Available Expenses. Before doing that though, I would call your company's travel agency and ask them about what card was used for the United Airfare. I'm fairly certain that it was charged to the Centrally Billed account. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Solution
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@doughill16 it looks like the United Airfare was paid for on a different card than the airfare for JetBlue. I did some looking and in your site and I saw a Payment Type listed as Centrally Billed. I believe this is where the United Airfare was purchased, so it isn't a charge you are responsible for, but since your name is on the reservation, Concur Travel sent the United itinerary item over to your Available Expenses. The system does this thinking you paid for the expense on your assigned company card. That is why it says Pending Card Transaction because it is "waiting" for the card charge to come in. 

You should be able to just delete that expense report, then delete the Pending item from your Available Expenses. Before doing that though, I would call your company's travel agency and ask them about what card was used for the United Airfare. I'm fairly certain that it was charged to the Centrally Billed account. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
doughill16
Occasional Member - Level 1

Thank you so much! I received an email from my company last night saying the expense was centrally billed. Thanks again.  

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@doughill16 Great to hear. Now you are prepared for future air bookings. 🙂

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey