cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
catdog
Occasional Member - Level 1

Cognos report output successful only on HTML

Dear all,

I can output Cognos Report only on a HTML format.

Error messages (RQP-DEF-0177 and CAF-WRN-2082) appear when I try to output on an Excel format.

Is there any suggestion to solve these errors?

I am now using IBM Cognos Analytics 11.1.7.

Thank you,

5 REPLIES 5
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@catdog if you are trying to run a report and see the results in Excel, I wouldn't recommend doing that. When you select Run As you should see the first option to Run in Background. Select this option so the system will run the report in Excel format and save the output rather than trying to view the report now. To see the results, you will need to go where the report is saved, click the three little dots, and select View versions.

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
catdog

Thank you for your response.

Unfortunately, your suggestion does not work.

I am still facing the errors (RQP-DEF-0177, UDA-SQL-0460, RSV-SRV-0042) even if I run in background.

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@catdog you will need to submit a help ticket to SAP Concur Support then. I have not come across that error message before.

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
Nancyagfa
Super User
Super User

I have been told to use Firefox as the browser for Cognos and it seems to work and allows for running report in Excel.

Nancy Murray
Agfa
catdog

Thank you for your help.

Unfortunately, your suggestion does not work well.

I am still facing the same problem.