cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Snell
Occasional Member - Level 3

Claim Authorisation Requirement relating to Attendees

I've been advised by the customer, following a system walkthrough that they have a policy I need to incorporate into Concur. The scenario is as follows-:

The Concur User goes out for lunch with their Concur approver. The User submits a claim and includes their approver as an attendee.

The approver for that claim must not be the person authorising the Concur Claim but it must go straight to the Approvers Approver.

If they ever go to lunch again then it must be the most senior person who has not attended who is responsible for approving the claim on Concur.

Can you advise how I would do this ? (I started amending the workflow but it doesn't currently work as intended).

They currently have a simple 1 up authorisation path with no financial limits.

many thanks

Craig.
2 REPLIES 2
Nancyagfa
Super User
Super User

This is our policy as well and we have it in the Travel policy that the Senior company person at the meal must pay the bill or it can be split by all attendees for submittal.  We don't have an audit rule to find this but run the attendee report to audit this.  There is one deviation to this and that is if the senior person is from outside the country, then the next highest local person can pay the bill.

Nancy Murray
Agfa
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Snell this exact issue has come up here on the Community previously and there isn't any way to configure the system to be able to look at the attendees and see that the approver of the report is also an attendee. The Audit Rules condition builder doesn't have anything that says Entry Attendee is This Employees Approver. 

The only way around this is for employees to follow your company policy and have the more senior person pay for the meal. Unfortunately in your scenario, the employees didn't follow policy. The onus should be on them to follow policy. 

I wish I had a better answer for you. I guess you and your team will need to come up with a written policy of how to handle situations like this when company policy isn't followed. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.