cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jwoolridge
New Member - Level 1

Cannot Itemize ATM withdrawal

Last time I traveled I could take cash out with my business card from an atm (usually in another country), then itemize that cash withdrawal to show it was used for business expenses, usually at places that won't take American Express. We can no longer do this? I last traveled a little over a year ago so this is a new change in the system. 

5 REPLIES 5
Munari_alEXPert
Super User
Super User

dear @jwoolridge 

I worked for a few companies and have always forbidden the possibility to cash money with the company credit card, as it is unmanageable and with risk of frauds, however keeping the option open for some markets if employees were traveling into more challenging countries where credit card wasn't really used. (but this should happening less and less during time). If used the corporate credit card it should be treated as "Personal" credit card transaction not to be reimburse and expense effectively the specific items (taxis, meals..).

We, however very strongly recommended, in all cases, to first use their individual personal card to cash money  and expense each item bought with your own cash adjusting the Forex by adding the commission your bank applied from the exchange. 

Now, as it is an individual Company policy decision, in your case, I would ask to who is in charge of the Travel program or Expense system, what would be the best option for you to avoid any distress while traveling, as I understand and could only agree you shouldn't be taking care of procuring yourself the foreign currencies but maybe your company has made some decisions which you were not yet aware.

Kind Regards

Alessandro Munari

This was where the "help" section directed me. If this is specifically a company wide policy that has changed and not an overall Concur decision, there is no contact info on our expense site to contact. 

It was allowed and encouraged due to so much international travel to have a pin and get cash, as American Express corporate cards are not accepted at many foreign businesses. Receipts are uploaded for itemizations. We were able to itemize under "ATM cash withdrawal". If you have the contact for our expense system I would greatly appreciate it ,

dear @jwoolridge 

in this forum we are exchanging ideas and provide a free support to peers and end users, but I don't have accesses to your company system or policy or system set up. I will include one of the master user here, but you should consider to contact someone within your organization. Generally within the Travel and Expense policy should be indicated an help desk point to go to in case of issues. I am sorry but I am not able to help you more than this.

Excuse me Kevin, @KevinD, maybe could you support this SAP Concur client? Thank you.

Kind Regards

Alessandro Munari
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@jwoolridge I just looked at your expense report and you have the expenses marked as personal. That is why you cannot itemize the expense. You will need to uncheck the Personal Expense checkbox, then you should be able to itemize it. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
aebuchan
New Member - Level 1

When I try to enter this it ONLY allows it to be personal and you cannot itemize it. So then what? As mentioned, this was the Siemens Healthineers policy for the first 5 years I traveled. Due to COVID I have not travelled much at all. I obviously won't be doing this again, but what do I do in the mean time?