cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CSTMarcine
Occasional Member - Level 1

Auto populate business purpose

I have advance settings.  Most of the expenses are  shown as "optional" to put in business purpose as we use the system, if it wasn't company travel you would not use the credit card.  

An employee sent me a screen video shot where the business purpose auto populates whatever was just used for the previous expense.  This example was for a hotel charge, and shows auto populate as business purpose as Gas for Rental Car because that was the item right before the hotel.  Then he has to manually override.  

Need help with a configuration and stop the auto populate.  Looking forward to your suggestions.  

10 REPLIES 10
LidyaUmbul

It affects me too! Two staff member had recently lodged a complaint about the same issue. Can anyone let me know if there is any solution to this? Thanks 

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@CSTMarcine and @LidyaUmbul this would be handled in the Forms and Fields area of SAP Concur Expense Administration. Likely you will not have access to this area, so I suggest submitting a ticket to SAP Concur Support. 

We only give access to Forms and Fields to customers who have completed the Advanced Configuration training. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
LidyaUmbul

Hi @KevinD how do i submit a ticket ? Which email address can i send them to? Thanks 

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@LidyaUmbul when you sign in to SAP Concur, go to Help in the upper right corner. From that drop down there might be a Contact Support option. If you do not see it, then that means your company's Authorized Support Contact will need to submit this ticket on your behalf. 

Let me know if the Contact Support option is there for you or not.

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
larasmith
Occasional Member - Level 3

Go to the help dropdown menu on top of your Concur home screen and select Contact Support > Support > Create a Case

Use these steps for any changes you need to have made to Concur that you can't do yourself.

mwagner
Occasional Member - Level 2

Good Afternoon, 

This is currently affecting me as well. It is causing major manual intervention for the employees and the accounting approvers. Has anyone had any luck getting a solution to this beyond being told submit an enhancement request? Thanks!

larasmith

If you are looking to stop the auto populating of business purpose, I suggest sending in a request to Concur helpdesk.  They turned off auto populate for my company and now users need to enter it each time.  This was necessary because users didn't pay attention to the field if it was already populated and the wrong business purpose was being saved.  If users have the same purpose for multiple charges, simply copy/paste.  Business Purpose is the field which is the descriptor for the expense on our financials so it needs to be accurate for our situation.

ajoshi16

Can I ask you if you are on Standard edition or Professional? We are on Standard edition and our users are complaining about this feature ever since we switched to NextGen UI. I have been told that they cannot turn it off for Standard Edition.

larasmith

"We are on professional.  Are you saying you put in a support ticket to Concur requesting they disable auto-populate for business purpose and Concur support is saying it can't be turned off?  

ajoshi16

Yes, I have been told by Concur support that option is only available for Professional edition.