cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArnaudLM
Occasional Member - Level 1

Audit rules - prevent expense reports with the same policy from overlapping

Hi,

Do you know if it's possible with the audit rules feature, to prevent an employee from submitting an expense report that overlaps the start and end date of an other report, with the same policy?

Thanks

1 Solution
Solution
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@ArnaudLM I conferred with my colleague and he confirmed that audit rules do not have the capability to block a second report from being submitted in the same month. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@ArnaudLM I know the overlapping date condition can be added to prevent submission. In the Audit Rule condition builder, there is I believe you would then just add a condition that designates the correct policy this would apply to. 

Now, if you have more than one policy a user can select, you would need to make a second audit rule with the same overlapping date condition, but would then add a condition for the second policy. 

I think this would work.

I always, and I cannot stress this enough, ALWAYS test new audit rules with test users first before activating them for your real users. 

The rule would look like what is in the screenshot below. The policy in the example, is just a policy we have in our training site. Give this a try and let me know if it works. 

KevinD_0-1637013017113.png

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
ArnaudLM

Hello @KevinD,

Thanks for your reply.

I had actually already tried to use Dates Overlap Another Report condition, but the rule triggers regardless the selected policy. Would you be available for a Teams call to show you my case?

Arnaud

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@ArnaudLM could you just take a screenshot of your audit rule and all the conditions and post it here, please? I might have to ask around internally to see if the condition around the Policy is possible. 

Just to make sure I'm clear, you are trying to prevent users from submitting two reports in the same month that both use the same policy, correct?

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
ArnaudLM

Hi @KevinD , exact! I am trying to prevent the employee from creating two reports, in the same month, that both use the same policy.

My audit rule triggers on the "report save" event and includes only one condition :

ArnaudLM_0-1637140041060.png

As a result, when the employee creates two reports whom start date and end date values in the report header overlap, the rule triggers, regardless the policy.

Now, if you add the policy condition in the rule:

ArnaudLM_1-1637140671766.png

the rule is still not relevant. Indeed, let's assume the employee hasn't created any report yet. If he first creates a report with policy in January 2021, then creates a report with policy "Travel and Expense Policy" in January 2021, the rule will trigger, although the reports don't use the same policy.

As a result, the dates overlap another report condition seems not to reach the requirement.

Question: is there a workaround?

Thank you very much for your dedication.

Arnaud

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@ArnaudLM what is the name of the audit rule you created? I'm trying to look in your site, but most of them are in French, so I'm not sure which one to look at. 

Also, I've emailed a colleague to see if what you are asking is possible. Seems like I've had people ask about blocking employees from submitting more than one report in the same month. I can't remember if it was possible or not. If it was, I cannot remember how the rule was built. If it isn't possible, you may have to just educate approvers that they should not be approving reports if the user has already submitted a report using that policy. 

I'll keep you posted on what I hear from my colleague.

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
ArnaudLM

Hi @KevinD,

Please, check in the test entity, whom code is: t0605227dind.

The name of the audit rule is **ALM expense reports overlapping, the first one in the list.

Just to remind you the business requirement: the employee should be prevented from creating not only more than 1 report per month, but also with the same policy!

Thank you!

Solution
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@ArnaudLM I conferred with my colleague and he confirmed that audit rules do not have the capability to block a second report from being submitted in the same month. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey