cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
aayushi261994
Occasional Member - Level 3

Audit rule on room rate in the hotel itemization

Hi,

Can anyone help me on how to set up a limit on the room rate while itemizing the Hotel expense?

Thanks

10 REPLIES 10
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@aayushi261994 what do you want the rule to accomplish? Are you trying to remind your users to not enter a room rate over a certain amount for the daily room rate or are you trying to prevent users from submitting room rates over a certain amount? 

Have you tried creating the audit rule yet or do you not even know where to begin?

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
aayushi261994
Occasional Member - Level 3

I want to prevent users from submitting room rates over a certain amount. I have created Audit rules before.

@aayushi261994 I took a look at your audit rules and it looks like you have some rules already created regarding nightly room rates. Are these rules not working? 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
scoathy
Routine Member - Level 1

Can we pick back up where the OP left off? 

I am trying to prevent users from submitting room rates over a certain amount on the hotel itemization lines

I've created an audit rule in our Test entity for that and it works. However, I can't figure how to make that rule NOT look at the sum total amount on the hotel expense line.

Thoughts?

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@scoathy would you mind posting a screenshot of all your rule conditions for me so I can see them? I would need to look at the conditions to see how they are currently set up to let you know if what you are looking to do is possible and if so, how to do it. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
scoathy
Routine Member - Level 1

scoathy_0-1670617097270.png

Here ya go, Kevin

scoathy_1-1670617120064.png

scoathy
Routine Member - Level 1

sorry, duplicated the screen capture

scoathy
Routine Member - Level 1

It almost seems like the Hotel expense on the summary tab is identical to the Hotel Expense on the itemization tabg

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@scoathy you need a condition to tell the audit rule to look at itemizations. Try adding the highlighted condition in my screenshot below to your rule and see if it works. 

KevinD_0-1670954678222.png

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
scoathy
Routine Member - Level 1

Hi Kevin, thanks for the idea. that was a huge help and it worked! Here is how I set it up

scoathy_0-1670966817568.png