cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Daphne
Occasional Member - Level 1

Attaching monthly credit card statements to individual Concur reports

Currently we require employees to attached their monthly corporate credit card statement to their monthly Concur report. 

The Concur report must reconcile or match the individual’s credit card statement and must be attached to the report.  If not, we send that Concur report back.  This helps with reconciling to the general ledger.  

We have found that if we don’t ask for a bank statement to be attached, associates pick and choose what charges they put on their report, which makes it harder to reconcile.  Wanted to get some ideas on what other companies do to help with the reconciling process etc.

Thanks for your help!

1 Solution
Solution
DeanR
Frequent Member - Level 1

Do you have an automatic feed from your card provider to Concur?  If you don't then I would get in touch with Concur Support to set that up.

If you already have an automatic feed then there are Audit Rules available to prevent them submitting a report unless they've included card transactions older than number of days.  I'd also recommend disabling the ability for users to delete card transactions.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Solution
DeanR
Frequent Member - Level 1

Do you have an automatic feed from your card provider to Concur?  If you don't then I would get in touch with Concur Support to set that up.

If you already have an automatic feed then there are Audit Rules available to prevent them submitting a report unless they've included card transactions older than number of days.  I'd also recommend disabling the ability for users to delete card transactions.

Daphne

We have card transactions imported into each users Available Expenses.  We also require them to attach their bank statements at the report level to ensure they include all of their transactions that match the statement.  The idea you suggested for the audit rule is a great one!  Thanks so much!

MSteele
Routine Member - Level 1

We have Concur import our credit card information directly into each person's Available Expenses.  However, since our credit card statement begins and ends mid-month, when I get the statement, I send out emails to everyone (we only have about 50 people w/corporate credit cards) with the amount of their portion for the current statement.  Some people don't understand that due to timing issues not everything charged within a certain time frame is listed on the statement, but it's a work in progress.  I agree with @DeanR about not letting users delete card transactions.  That has saved us more than once when someone wants to delete a transaction because it's not on the current month's statement (but will be on the next month's statement).

TTrepanier

I am looking to have our employees attach a statement for the credit cards that do not have an automatic feed.  Can you let me know how you can attach a statement to the report?  Thanks!

leedau
SAP Concur Employee
SAP Concur Employee

@TTrepanier Thanks for posting in the SAP Concur Community. Will you require the statement at the report header or entry level? Are you looking for just the steps to provide your users? It would be no different than attaching a receipt. Let me know and I am happy to provide you with the instructions. 

Thank you,
Lee-Anne Dautovic
SAP Concur Community Moderator
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.