cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Expense206
Occasional Member - Level 1

American Airlines E-Receipts Missing Information

Our firm has noticed that in 2022, American Airlines (AA) no longer includes the flight segments on their e-receipts. I reached out to Concur Support, but they are telling me that they have no control over the data that AA sends to Concur. I agree, but isn't it Concur's responsibility to make sure that e-receipts include enough information to be considered a replacement for the original? Support also suggested that I reach out to AA if I wanted to pursue this issue further. I feel like there must be someone at Concur who handles relationships with the vendors that offer e-receipts and that I should not be the one to reach out to AA (not that I even could, come on, let's get real). We export our data from Concur into our ERP system, so itineraries do not flow over into the ERP system, only the e-receipts, so essentially, these e-receipts from AA are useless to us (and our clients) and we must now go out to the AA website to download all the receipts and then upload them to override the e-receipt.

If Concur can't communicate with AA, is there an option to turn AA e-receipts off for our firm?

Have you also noticed American Airlines e-receipts do not contain the flight segments?

Does your firm consider an airline e-receipt without flight segments a legitimate receipt?

Example of previous version that did include the segments:

Expense206_0-1658979603873.png

E-Receipts are an electronic version of receipt data that can be sent directly to Concur to replace imaged paper receipts. The availability and content of e-receipts vary depending on the vendor.

The e-receipt data is used by the Available Expenses functionality to intelligently combine possible duplicate transactions. The differences between e-receipts and Available Expenses are listed below:

• E-Receipt: The term e-receipts refers to data sent to Concur through Concur's Platform. This data comes directly from the supplier and provides the user with a complete receipt image linked to their expense item. The e-receipt information may not contain all line items, usually due to credits or returns. The total on the e-receipt will always be the correct transaction total.
6 REPLIES 6
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Expense206 the e-receipts I have viewed lately look like the one you provided in your screenshot. Do you have a screenshot of the e-receipts you have been receiving from AA? If so, can you post it here, please?

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
Expense206

@KevinD Oh, that is interesting. Here is what our current AA e-receipts look like:

Expense206_0-1659029808504.png

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Expense206 Okay, I see. Could you send me a private message with the name of this employee please? I'd like to just go in and take a look.

Click my username (KevinD) and then the Message button. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
Expense206

7/29/22 Update: American Airlines has a fix for the itinerary not appearing on the e-receipt. They are currently working to schedule a date to deploy the fix to production.

jrgarcia22
New Member - Level 1

Did AA deploy their fix to include the details in the e-receipt?  I was recently audited by Concur and my e-receipts did not not contain the itinerary. 

Expense206

My ticket with support is still open and last I heard it was escalated to R&D, but that was a while ago, so I just reached out again to see what the status was. I'll let you know if I hear anything, but I'd probably submit a ticket too because I feel like they think we are the only company experiencing this.