cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
trautza
Occasional Member - Level 1

Altering home commute route

Is there a way to manually change the route auto-populated for a home commute? My home commute auto-populates to have me take a highway - this makes my commute significantly longer than the direct route I actually take every day. This means that when I deduct my commute from a personal car mileage expense, I am reimbursed less than I should be.  

Anyone know how I can alter my home route to reflect the route I actually take every day? 

2 REPLIES 2
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@trautza you cannot alter the commute route that is calculated, but you can change the addresses seen in the Home and Office fields. This will take a some effort, but you could map the route you take to work and get the mileage. Then find an address that is on your way to the office that will give you the mileage. I think you should ask your manager if this would be okay for you to do since it is calculating a longer commute route. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
MSTEEN
Super User
Super User

There are two radio buttons to avoid highways and tolls when you select the Mileage Calculator.  The mileage calculator will then provide you with the best route to your destination without getting on the highway or using tolls.  

Sometimes there are construction or accidents on your route, use the map on the Mileage Calculator to move your driving. 

Maria Steen