cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
scott_p
New Member - Level 1

Airfare Expense creates a warning

When I book a flight, the flight shows that it is within the resonalble expense allowed, it does show a warning that there are other options available that are within the parameter. I book the flight. 

When I go to expense the flight, I get a warning that the flight is above reasonable expense for that trip. 

I do prefer a particular airline, and I don't choose that airline if it is above a reasonalbe expense. Does anyone know why this would be trigging when I expense the flight? 

1 REPLY 1
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@scott_p most likely this is due to your company configuring the system to have limits on expense types, such as airfare. When you go over the preset limit, you receive the Alert. If the Alert is red, this will prevent you from submitting your report. If the alert is yellow, it is a reminder/warning but does not prevent submission. 

The rules for travel bookings and expense reporting are not related and act independently. In your post you say that the system shows other flight options available, but you also say the flight you are choosing is within the reasonable expense allowed. According to how the system works, these two things shouldn't happen at the same time. If the system is showing you other flight options after you make a selection, that means your selection is violating some sort of travel policy your company has. Now, a policy violation could be something non-price related. Maybe the airline isn't preferred. 

Anyway, based on your description, it sounds like your company set up a limit for airfare expenses that you shouldn't go over. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.