cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kim48
Occasional Member - Level 1

Adding a cost center

Hi.  How do I add a cost center that isn't in the list of options?  Not one of my options is in my state.  I need to cross charge two invoices.  I tried to do it manually, but it reverted to my cost center.  All help is appreciated.  Thank you.

1 Solution
Solution
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Kim48 the choices in the drop down must be added by your company's internal SAP Concur site administrator. These are usually people in Finance, Accounting or Payroll/HR. I would try contacting them to start. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
sainaik
Occasional Member - Level 3

In Concur 1 employee can have only 1 company code and 1 Cost center and that would be considered as their default Concur profile. Cost Center field in concur is always pre-populated with information and system doesn’t allow the employees to change the default values. 

However, if the expense line needs to be allocated to a separate Cost Center, employee may need to reach out to their local finance to understand the process to split the bill portions to a different company code or another business entity's cost center. This can be handled through manual intercompany invoice process.

Solution
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Kim48 the choices in the drop down must be added by your company's internal SAP Concur site administrator. These are usually people in Finance, Accounting or Payroll/HR. I would try contacting them to start. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
mcourtney

Good morning, @KevinD.  I am new to my company, and we are trying to do some Finance Modernization, but one of the first steps is to make sure we are using the tools we have already to their fullest potential.  We have SAP Concur, and we have a lot of instances where we need additional cost centers available for employees to chose from, for instance when we have admin assistants that are delegates, or when we have employees participating in a global employee development program where we want to isolate those expenses from their department expenses.  This is of particular interest to me, is there a certain page in a manual, or any sort of thing I could point to when I work with our internal SAP Concur site administrator to add this?  We've not done this in the past, so it is doing something different and we want to make sure we get it right.

Thanks!

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@mcourtney there are different ways to accomplish what you are looking to do. First though, why do you need additional cost centers to be available when admins are acting as delegates? The admin will have access to whatever the person they are acting for has access to. 

For isolating expenses for a particular program, I think one of the easiest ways to do this is create an audit rule that would makes it so only a certain cost center  or centers can be used with the expenses that are related to that program. I would even have you consider having expense types created specifically for those programs. That will make it much easier to create the audit rule. 

You could make a second cost center list that would apply to these special programs and then have a custom field on the Report Header where the user chooses the program and then the cost center that goes with it. This would be what we call a Connected List, where what the user selects in the first field, determines what choices they see in the second field. So, in your case the user would select Special Program A. Then in the Cost Center field next to the Special Program field they would only see the Cost Centers that go with that program. 

These are just examples and I'm sure there are other ways to get what you need. Likely it will require some assistance from SAP Concur, so you may want to reach out to Concur Support for how to get this accomplished. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
Kim48

Thank you!