cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tony_butterwort
Occasional Member - Level 1

Accidental Personal Charge needs to be split

Hi all, new user.

I have a charge that is made monthly on my corporate card and routed to Concur.  This is for internet service.  I added phone service (personal) and forgot to update the card.  Now I have a single charge of which $25 is a personal amount.  I cannot figure out a way to split this or allocate it.  If I allocate there is no option to choose as a personal charge.

Any suggestions?  Thanks

9 REPLIES 9
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@tony_butterwort to make sure I understand your question, you now have a $25 corporate card charge that is on an expense report and it is a personal charge? 

If that is the case, you do not need to allocate it. Allocating is only for business expenses to tell Concur which account/budget to charge the expense against. Since this is a personal charge, it isn't going to be charged to any budget.

When you have the expense open on your report, you should see a Personal Expense (do not reimburse) checkbox to denote it as a charge that will not be reimbursed for. Just click this little checkbox and save. That should do it for you.

If I'm not understanding you correctly, please let me know. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
tony_butterwort

Thanks, I don't think you quite have it.

I have a single credit card that is important as a single entry, let's say for $100.   I need to reimbursed for $75 and not for the $25.  I do not know how to split that single charge .  I cannot click "do not reimburse" since that is for the whole amount.

dear Tony,

I would see 2 ways:

1- Select the transaction, and depending on your company concur set up, itemize the expense line, taking e.g. Dinner 100 USD which 25USD personal expense.

DINNER 100 itemized as:

---> Dinner 75

---> Personal expense 25 or Dinner 25 selecting the box of "Personal expense do not reimburse"

2- if you don't have the possibility to itemize the cost, select the full transaction and enter manually another transaction as Cash this time, with the negative amount that needed to be reimbursed. Better if you put the same date and vendor name on the manual transactions as the credit card. So:

Credit card transaction. ---> Dinner 100 USD

Manual cash transaction-->  Dinner -25 USD

For both options you would need into your expense report an additional 25 USD or more as equivalent in cash (e.g. parking, mileage..) 

Kind Regards

Alessandro Munari

@tony_butterwort Okay, that makes more sense. See @Munari_alEXPert's reply. 

When you itemize out the expense, it should give you the option on the $25 portion of the itemization to select the Personal Expense (do not reimburse) checkbox. 

Are you saying you tried itemizing and it didn't give you this checkbox? 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
foodchic
New Member - Level 2

I'm having the same problem.  I did try  to itemize the charges but there's no personal choice.  What can I do now?

Thanks.

Hi,

I figured out how to do it with a dinner employee only receipt that was more than my daily allowance.  So I itemized it so I could pay a portion as a personal charge.

Mark your expense type as Internet/wif (or what you normally use)

then add itemization, Internet/wifi for the amount the company pays

then add another itemization for your portion and mark expense type as personal expense.

make sure the amounts add up to the total of the receipt.

Should work fine.

Patrick

foodchic
New Member - Level 2

Okay, I'm having the same problem.  I was trying to itemize the charges but there's no personal choice and I can't add it in.  What can I do now?

Thanks.

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@foodchic I just went into your expense report and your company has hidden the Personal Expense (do not reimburse) checkbox. My only guess as to why is to prevent employees from charging anything personal to the company card. Unfortunately, all of us here on the forum won't be able to help since this is something specific to your company. My suggestions are these: 

1. Contact the person at your company who is your Concur site administrator and ask them what to do. 

If you don't know who this person is, then: 

2. Reach out to the person you directly report to and ask them how you should proceed. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
foodchic
New Member - Level 2

Thanks Kevin.  The problem is it wasn't a personal expense, it was a mistake by Starbucks and they couldn't remove it in the store locally when I arrived.  They asked me to call corporate and they would do it.  Unfortunately, they said they couldn't reimburse it to the credit care, but to my personal Starbucks card.  So there's the problem.  I thought I had done this in the past, but maybe it was on a personal credit card.  I'll call Concur like you suggested and go from there.  Thank you for your quick response.