New Member - Level 1

ARN NUMBER

WHERE DO I LOCARE THE ARN CODE NUMBER WHEN EXPENSING HOTEL 

10 REPLIES 10
Munari_alEXPert
Super User
Super User

dear @cjaskid 

I am not sure of your request as more wonder what is your aim to get this ARN code?

For doing expenses you don't need that. Please clarify with more details your question and if not me, someone on the forum maybe able to help. Last month I did answer another question about ARN with reference below in case you find those useful...

https://community.concur.com/t5/Concur-Expense/CODE-ARN/m-p/14918#M5699

Kind Regards

Alessandro Munari
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@cjaskid I will second @Munari_alEXPert and ask what the ARN number is needed for when doing a hotel expense? I think we aren't clear on what the ARN number would be used for on your expense report. If you could provide some context, that would be great. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
chumphdp
Occasional Member - Level 1

I've seen all these questions regarding the ARN Code and am at that place also.  What I don't see is anyone mentioning that the ARN Code is required before being able to proceed.  Can I enter any random number, maybe even the Contract Number of the project?

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@chumphdp in the interest of full transparency....I've been at Concur for over 12 years and I have never seen or heard of an ARN number being required. It could be something your company requires, but it is not an out of the box Concur requirement. 

Could you provide me a screenshot of what you are seeing on your expense report, please? 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
chumphdp

ScreenShot003.png

I am not able to select the Itemization Tab until an ARN code is entered.  Thank you for responding even though this looks like a JCI specific issue.  I am still searching for answer thru the JCI website.

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@chumphdp I don't know if this will help or not, but I was searching for ARN. Apparently it is a unique number assigned to a transaction. I went to my online banking and viewed my statement report. I did see something called Reference Number. This could be what you are looking for. It would entail you pulling up the bank statement of your transactions. You should see a reference number. I would try that and see if it the report goes through. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey

dear @KevinD 

would it be possible that  field "ARN Code" should be hidden and maybe a wrong setting from the Company as field required? I wouldn't see the reason to have employees entering manually data or worst, codes. 

Kind Regards

Alessandro Munari

@Munari_alEXPert that's an excellent question and only can be answered by that company. I do find it unusual to require this type of code. As I mentioned in an earlier reply, I've never heard of or seen anyone require this in over 12 years here at Concur. However, this company may have some sort of business reason for the requirement. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
techrep

I am using the concur app and it wont let me complete my expenses with out the arn number.  This is a very expensive lesson to learn not to ever use my credit card ever again for work. I am tired of wasting hours on my own time trying to get paid.  Now I have interest to pay for work related expenses. Looks like this will be a freebee to the company knowing they make it impossible to get paid.  I have almost 1000.00 I cant get reimbursed for. THANKS FOR NOTHING!!!

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@techrep Sorry about the frustration, but I do think it is important to let you know that the ARN requirement is not implemented by SAP Concur, but something your company has required. SAP Concur has not control over what our customers require their employees to enter on expense reports. If this had happened to me, I would have definitely brought it up with my direct manager so they could get it escalated hopefully to the correct team that should be providing guidance on how to enter the ARN code. 

If you scroll up in the this thread I did comment about finding a transaction Reference Number when I went into my online banking. I would try finding that number and entering it. Hopefully, you can get this issue made known to the correct team at your company to avoid this in the future.

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey