cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
crystalreports
Routine Member - Level 1

API: Spend User Retrieval v4 versus Identity v4

1) Can we filter by "lastModified" when using the "Spend User Retrieval v4.1" API similar to how we can with "Identify v4.1?"

2) Also, we need to identify which step in the workflow a request/expense initiated the External Validation Send Notification callout (Submit vs. Pre-Extract) using this API. It does not seem like this version of the API allows us to make this differentiation.
2 REPLIES 2
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@crystalreports Hello there. I would recommend posting this in the admin group. Anything related to API or any non-end user related questions are best posted in the Admin Group. The reason is because this forum tends to be visited more by end users and not site admins who would be dealing with API type issues. 

Unfortunately, I am not well-versed in using our APIs so I won't be of much help, but the Admin Group, as you know, has very many experience Admins. 🙂

Thank you,
Kevin
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
michael_cliff
SAP Concur Employee
SAP Concur Employee

1) Can we filter by "lastModified" when using the "Spend User Retrieval v4.1" API similar to how we can with "Identify v4.1?"

It’s not possible to filter spend users by the lastModified of the spend profile. These are the spend fields that are available to filter:

michael_cliff_0-1727398276709.png

There is a new Spend Profile Change event topic planned for release in October – see the release notes here. This would send you an event notification any time something was changed on a user’s spend profile, including what attribute changed. I’m not sure what your use-case is for wanting to filter the spend profile by lastModified date, but I thought this could be relevant. 

2) Also, we need to identify which step in the workflow a request/expense initiated the External Validation Send Notification callout (Submit vs. Pre-Extract) using this API. It does not seem like this version of the API allows us to make this differentiation.

The Travel Request portion of the Event Notification Callout was deprecated on 03/01/2020. I would recommend using the public.concur.travel.request topic with Event Subscription Service in conjunction with the external validation step of the workflow instead. You can create two External System steps within the workflow:

michael_cliff_1-1727398276713.png

Within each External System step, you can define a unique step code:

michael_cliff_2-1727398276720.png

When the requests enter these workflow steps, you’ll receive an event notification that includes that step code plus a direct link to the request details:

michael_cliff_3-1727398276742.png

You can configure the Expense workflow the same way and subscribe to the public.concur.expense.report topic.