cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LovelyAsmolo
Occasional Member - Level 3

Workflow: Approval Expiration not working properly

Hi Concur Community,

I am new to my project and they raise an issue today about the "send back to employee" because the approver did not approve it within 10 days. I checked their workflow and confirmed that the workflow configuration assign to their policy has a 10 days expiration. however, the client said that they haven't experience the 10 days expiration before since they go live (2018). I also checked the log if there is any changes from the issue was happened  and did not find any relevant changes.  main concern is that the configuration in Concur workflow ever since they go-live is after 10 days the approval will be expired and the report will send back to employee. But why their past report exceeded 10 days already (e.g I saw reports just approve after 1 month) but these reports are not sending back to employee. why this issue just happened today after 3 years of Concur go-live?

We are using native integration. Appreciate your feedback on this issue

4 REPLIES 4
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@LovelyAsmolo Hello there. Welcome to the community. So, the default function in SAP Concur is to have the report escalate to the approver's manager after 10 days. Now, maybe your client made an adjustment to the workflow and changed it to "Send Back to Employee". I coudn't know this without looking.

So, if you can provide me the name of your client's company, I can take a look at their site and see what is going on.

Like I said, normally the approval time expired feature doesn't send the report back, it sends the report to the default approver's approver. 

If you do not want to post your client's company name publicly, you can send me a private message. You should be able to click on my name screen name, then see an option to Send Message. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

For anyone following this thread, we found the issue. In this case, the Approval Time Expired Job found under the Import/Extract Monitor screen had not been running for over a year. Not sure why it stopped running, but this was the issue. If this job doesn't run, it does not recognize any reports that are over the alloted amount of days to be in the approver's queue and therefore will not take the designated action (send back in this case). 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
AshleyJames
Occasional Member - Level 1

This defines the problem but does not offer a solution. Do Admins have access to the Import/Extract Monitor screen? If so, how does an Admin get it to run again? If not, what is the next step?

@AshleyJames some admins do have access. You need to login to SAP Concur and go to Administration>Company>Tools. This will bring up some options. You may see Import/Extract Administrator. If you do, click this option. From the first tab labeled Scheduled Jobs, scroll down to Approval Time Expired. Go to the right and see if there is a Run Now option. 

If you don't see what I'm describing, then your best option is to either reach out to your SAP Concur Client Success Manager or to SAP Concur Support to have them run the job for you. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey