cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tesh94
Occasional Member - Level 3

Same Login ID in two different Concur instance (SSO enabled)

Hi, 

Is it possible to add the same user to two different set of Concur instances (different company ID). 

Employee A (employeeA@concur.com)
Concur Instance 1:                                  Concur Instance 2:
- Travel user                                             - Expense User

The Login ID has to be the same due to Single Sign On being enabled but then since it is the same, Concur is not allowing the employee to be imported into the second Concur instance. Does Email Aliasing help in this case? 

Concur Instance 1:                                   Concur Instance 2:

- employeeA_1@concur.com               - employeeA_2@concur.com

Thanks. 

Regards,

Pritesh Jit Singh

6 REPLIES 6
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

No, you cannot use the same login ID. If you have a user that needs to be in two different instances, then they will need two different login IDs. I believe the system might let you use the same email address on both accounts, but a login ID can only be used once. 

If you are using SSO, then you would probably need to setup the employee with another network login. They would then need to make sure they are logging out or using different browsers to access Concur. 

I'm curious...why do you have two different instances of Concur and why does the employee need access to both? 

Kevin

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
MichelRodea
New Member - Level 1

@KevinD I have the same situation.

Is there a new development to make this possible from SAP Concur? or you recommend only to harmonize the instances we have with you?

If harmonization is the only proposal from SAP Concur, who and how we can have a discussion with you?

There should be a SAP Concur KEY Account Manager who can advice us (also preventing this to happen) to move forward.

I already requested some "sales/solution" SAP Concur person to support us, is there any other way?

Regards

Michel 

@MichelRodea As far as I know, I have not heard anything about making this possible. In my honest opinion, I don't see this changing anytime soon, but then again, my job doesn't deal with this sort of thing. I'll I can say is that I've been at Concur for almost 12 years now and have not heard any news about this changing. 

I'm curious, how or why do you have two instances of SAP Concur and why do you need the same person to be in both instances? 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
kaiagyeman
Occasional Member - Level 1

My users are experiencing the same issues as well.

We will have two instances for Concur for two years because we purchase another company before we separated from our parent company. We have managers hundreds of managers that will need to approve expenses for direct reports in both systems. Eventually, we will merge the two Concur instances in 2022-2023.

It is very confusing to end-users when they receive email notifications which instance has a request. It always opens the last concur instance they were working even if there is not an expense report for approval.

Kailash
Routine Member - Level 1

Yes Kavin you are right, Email address can be used for N number of users but login id has to be unique, and even if you try to create user manually with same login id then system will show error as Login id is not avaliable

Regards

Kailash

Kailash
Routine Member - Level 1

We cannot do this as login id is unique id for SSO, and same time even you cannot do if you do not have the SSO and use are login with password.

so one id you have to change to someother or you have to make inactive puting some extra words like XX or YY on login id.

Regards

Kailash

Gobal Travel Manager