cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AEM
Occasional Member - Level 3

Restricting Processor from making changes to Workflow

Hi Concur Community,

I am wondering if we can restrict the Expense Processor from making any changes to the Workflow. Is this possible?

Capture.PNG

3 REPLIES 3
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@AEM I conferred with a colleague on this and this is possible, but it would entail creating some sort of very complicated audit rule. 

My colleague then asked why you would want to prevent processors from doing this. I am a bit curious myself.  🙂

There needs to be someone who can send reports to any other approvers as needed. Most of the time Processors are people in Finance or Accounting and know who to send reports to for additional review and approval. Not all managers know where to send reports, so the Processor is the logical choice to give control as far as adding approvers to a report's workflow.

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
AEM
Occasional Member - Level 3

Hi @KevinD 

Thank you for the reply!

We had to follow our Manual of Authorities whereas each Processor should process Expense Reports based on a Query we created on their profile. We then realised that these processors had the option to change and add approvers when processing Expense Claims (as shown in the screent below)

Cheers,

Andrew

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@AEM my question to you is, why don't you want Processors making changes? I've found that Processors are usually much more in tune with expenses/finances and know where reports need to go. Just my experience. 🙂 

The Processor, by design, should be the last person to review and approve an expense report. Therefore we didn't put any restrictions on what a processor can do to an expense report. Typically, Processors are in Finance or Accounting. These two departments are usually in charge of finances for the entire company and need carte blanche to edit reports and send them to different approvers, if need be. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.