cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dmefford
New Member - Level 1

Reports for Expenses Without Receipts

Hello! Does anyone know of a way to get a report for expenses without receipts (at all, not just if required) by person in Excel? Or is there a standard report that I am overlooking?

Thanks!

5 REPLIES 5
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

There may be a Standard report in Cognos, but if not you could pretty easily build the report with either Query or Report Studio. To get it into Excel, you would just need to run the Cognos report and choose Excel as the output format. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
kristyhourd
Occasional Member - Level 2

I didn't see a standard report for this (though there is one to see whether approvers have viewed receipts or not), but there are definitely data items in reporting you can use to get what you need.

Under Expense reports, Report Header Information, and then Receipt Information, there's "Receipts Received" for receipts attached at the header level. Under Expense Reports, Entry Information, and then Receipt Information, there's also a "Receipts Received" for receipts on the entry level. Both have a "receipts required" item as well, so you can differentiate whether something should have been attached or not. You'd have to rename columns as you go or multiple columns will end up looking the same between the entry line and report header sources.

You'd have to add the employee (and group it or sort by it so your exported report will be by person), report name or ID, and possibly something to separate out each entry of a report (expense type is likely easiest) so the information will show correctly. Then you could filter down as you needed to find the reports that had no receipts attached.

This isn't exactly a step by step, but I hope it's helpful!

BiLLy-P
Occasional Member - Level 1

Hello dmefford.   Did you ever get a satisfactory resolution to your question?   I have the exact same question - I want to print my expense report as a "cover" for all of the physical receipts that I have accumulated for a particular trip.  I do not want to print them again.  So far, I am not finding their printing to be very user-friendly.  I hope my opinion changes as I have to use this program just about every week or every other week.  Thank you.  -BiLLy-P

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@BiLLy-P does your company require hard copies of your expense reports and receipts? I'm just wondering what the need is for printing your reports? 

I'm asking because SAP Concur keeps a record of all your expense reports in digital format that can be accessed at any time. So, the only reason to print, I can think of, is if your company requires hard copies for some reason.

I'll await your reply. 🙂

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
BiLLy-P
Occasional Member - Level 1

No, my company does not require it.  I keep my hard copy receipts from hotels, rental cars, fuel....etc.  I like to put them in order and staple them behind a printed copy of expense report just to use as a "cover page" of sorts.  It is not required, just something I like to do and did with the previous system.

While on this subject, I do not like how the expense report itself sorts when I print it.  The items are not in chronological order and I do not see a way of setting that order that will hold true for the printing.  

Thank you.  -BiLLy