cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
smacmullan
Occasional Member - Level 1

Report that can identify/monitor assigned expense delegates

Hi Community,

Is anyone monitoring the individuals expense approvals are assigning delegation to today? and if so, are you using a custom report in Concur Intellegence to do it?

I cannot find a standard report that provides me this information and our company wants to be able to regularly pull reports to monitor if managers are delegating their approvals to lower level employees (which is out-of-policy for our company).

Many thanks in advance for your help!

Best Regards,
Shaun

1 REPLY 1
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

Shaun,

You can fairly easily build a report in Cognos to show if delegates are approving reports. When you say delegating to lower level employees are these lower level employees setup in the system as approvers? Do they have people who directly report to them, meaning they submit their reports to these lower level employees? If they are setup as approvers, you most likely cannot prevent them from getting delegated reports by an upper-level approver. The only way to do this is to turn off the Approving  Delegate option, but then your upper-level approvers wouldn't be able to delegate to anyone. 

Now, if these lower-level employees are not setup in the system as approvers, but are being delegated reports, then a change needs to be made in your Delegate Configuration. There is an option that requires an approving delegate to actually be setup as an approver in the system. Sounds like possibly this option is not on, which allows anyone to be given the ability to approve as a delegate. 

Let me know if you have any questions.

Kevin

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.