cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MelissafromMD
Occasional Member - Level 2

No Longer Able to Import Expenses 'From File'

This morning, when one of our users attempted to import her receipts by going to 'Import Expenses' > From File, she received the following message:

--

Your financial institution may allow you to download your credit card charges to your computer. You can then upload those charges into your expense report.

To use this feature:

1. Access your financial institution's website and log in to your account.
2. Access your credit card information.
3. Download the file to your computer.
NOTE: Expense accepts OFX and QFX file formats. (These formats are commonly utilized by Quicken and Microsoft Money.) Concur does not currently accept debit card transactions. Also, the files must be 500 KB or smaller.

--

And when she attempted to upload a receipt, the system told her she could only upload files with the .ofx and .qfx extensions.  

Has anyone else experienced this? 

10 REPLIES 10
richardjobling
Occasional Member - Level 1

I am also experiencing this issue when trying to manually upload a .ofx file to a new claim.

I am not given any error messages. Instead nothing appears to happen at all when i click 'upload'. I have tried on Chrome, Edge and Internet Explorer.

Any fix for this?

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

From your post you appear to be discussing two different things. You say they went to Import Expenses>From File. This is to access your credit card charges from your banking institution and upload them via a .qfx or .ofx file. But then you said when the user went to upload a receipt they received the message. 

So, can you clarify what exactly the user was attempting, please? Users do not upload receipts via the Import Expenses>From File option, which your post makes it sound like the user was doing. 

A little more info will help me better answer your question. 

Thank you,

Kevin

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
Tcrawley

We are new to Concur and I am trying to upload my expenses from a QFX file as the others mentioned above.  In the directions that I received from Concor, it says I should see "From File" and "Available Expenses" when I click on Import Expenses. I get neither of these options. I click on Import Expenses and nothing happens.  Is this something as an Admin, I need to fix in policy so we can import expenses?

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

Most likely you need to turn on the option to allow this type of import. You can find the setting in Expense Admin>Site Settings. I've provided a screenshot for you. 

I hope this helps,

Kevin

Import_Setting.jpg

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
Tcrawley

I don't see where Expense Admin is?  I am admin along with two other people in Finance.  How do I see that option?  I feel like I am so close!! 🙂

Expense Settings1.pngExpense Settings.png

Tcrawley

Hello, I think I found it but the problem is there is no box to check or uncheck by the statment.

2019-11-15 16_08_34-Concur.png

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

Okay, thank you for the screenshot. It helps greatly. I sent you a screenshot of what the option is in our Professional Configuration. You are on what is called a Standard Configuration. 

You currently have the option to allow your employees to Link/Sync their personal credit card to their SAP Concur profile. In your first screenshot look for an option that says Expense Credit Card. That is where you can go to sync your personal card with SAP Concur. What this does is brings in all your transactions from your personal card. It is not importing a .QFX file. 

The directions to sync the card are pretty straightforward. Give the Expense Credit Card link a click and sync your card. See how that works for you. 

Let me know if you have any issues. 

Kevin

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
Tcrawley

Thank you Kevin for your help!

Tcrawley

Hi Kevin,

One last question.  My manager was asking if we had the Professional version of Concur vs the standard, would that give us the ability to import the credit card expenses manually or would we still have to use the Personal Credit card option you mentioned above?

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

If you have the Professional configuration, you would be able to use the setting to allow employees to import transactions manually by uploading a .OFX or .QFX file. 

Kevin

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey