cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sgayathri
Occasional Member - Level 3

Line Item Rejection Report

How to track the send back expenses metrics (No of lines rejected, expense type, amount, reasons) since we do not have any standard or custom report to extract the expenses rejected via the Send back Expense checkbox. Can this field be activated in Cognos? 

There is an option to build based on addendum however this will not provide 100% accurate information as well as will not provide the expense type details to track in metrics. 

Gayathri S
2 REPLIES 2
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@sgayathri I'm not finding anything that shows this checkbox being available in Cognos. I did a search and the only reporting data I found is whether an Expense Report was ever sent back. 

Maybe someone else on this forum has some experience with this exact issue. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@sgayathri something just hit me that might work for you. What if you build an audit rule that flags (a warning) any line item that has been sent back? Since the audit rule will have an exception tied to it, you could build a custom report around the exception code and have the report show all the line items details for expenses with that exception code. 

You could start this Cognos report by adding the following data items:

1. Employee

2. Expense Type

3. Exception Code (you would build a filter on Exception code to only show the exception created that it tied to the audit rule)

Then add any other expense type specific data items as needed. 

Also, why won't the addendum option work for you? You could build a custom report in Cognos that shows all reports with the word "Addendum" in the Report Name. Then just be sure to add all the data items for the entry details. 

What expense type details are you looking for in regards to metrics? 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.