cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
iqbal_bhat
Occasional Member - Level 2

How to restrict a Group from using a particular field.

Hi Community,

Greetings,

I would greatly appreciate if anyone could help me out with the below Please:

1. How to restrict a group of an employee from the using of a particular field in the common form?

2. How to gray out a field without making it READ ONLY?

Best Regards

Iqbal

1 Solution
Solution
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@iqbal_bhat sounds like you'll need to create a second policy then. I know for sure you can customize the available expense types by policy. So, if one of your groups needs to see an expense type the other group doesn't need to see, you would have to do that by policy. I also believe that once you have that policy, you can make additional forms for that specific expense type that is only visible to the one group. 

Have you taken our Advanced Configuration class? 

Kevin

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@iqbal_bhat great questions. 

First thing I would need to know to better answer your question is what SAP Concur platform are you on? Are you on our Standard or are Professional platform. There is a big difference between the two and how much can be customized. 

If you happen to be on our Standard platform, neither option you mentioned is available. 

On our Professional platform I don't believe you can restrict certain users from using a certain field on the common form. You would need to customize a form and then make that form available to a certain group using a certain policy. Without having taken our Advanced Configuration Training, you wouldn't have access to Groups, Forms and Fields or Policies. 

I hope this helps. 

Kevin

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
iqbal_bhat

Hi Kavin,

Thanks for your reply.

we have access to make the changes. however, I have 1 policy and 2 groups and want to align two different forms on the groups or particular expense type to make visible to a particular group or to make them restrict to use the certain fields without running the audit rule.

Thanks in advance

regards

Iqbal

Solution
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@iqbal_bhat sounds like you'll need to create a second policy then. I know for sure you can customize the available expense types by policy. So, if one of your groups needs to see an expense type the other group doesn't need to see, you would have to do that by policy. I also believe that once you have that policy, you can make additional forms for that specific expense type that is only visible to the one group. 

Have you taken our Advanced Configuration class? 

Kevin

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
iqbal_bhat

Hi Kevin,

Thanks for the reply, I wanted to prevent making another policy. anyways, there seem no solutions for this.

what is the procedure Advanced Configuration class?

Regards

Iqbal