cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MeggieC
SAP Concur, Former Employee

Fraud Charges on Corporate Card

How do you handle this? Do you have a specific expense category for this OR some other method for users to report fraudulent charges? If no specific expense category, do you have a tracking mechanism to ensure that credits are received? Are receipts required?

This question comes from our LinkedIn group.

8 REPLIES 8
acastro
Occasional Member - Level 1

Hi Meggie- Which LinkedIn group is that?

MeggieC
SAP Concur, Former Employee

The SAP Concur LinkedIn Client User Group is an administrator-only group that is dedicated to having peer-to-peer dialogues that are similar to what you find here in Community. It is an established group of people that we are planning to move over to Community entirely. In the meantime, we are pulling over interesting conversation threads from the LinkedIn into Community, and vice-versa.

DavidW
Routine Member - Level 1

Yes, we have a Fraud expense type to track such issues. it requires an attachment to where the employee notes what action they have taken (e.g. called credit card company to cancel card, etc). 

keames

Can you explain what you do here?  You create a "Fraud" expense type (as a receivable?), and that's where employees classify their fraud expense?  Then when the credit comes in upon resolution of the investigation, they just post the credit to the same expense account to offset the original amount?

chiguy61

Don't see that listed even when I search for it

keames

I'm curious too how you are recommending employees handle fraud charges on their credit cards that post to their Concur account.

If they don't code them, they linger on their account until they receive the credit that they can net the expense with.  Is there a better solution?

chiguy61

I have a doordash charge that is fraudulent.  I don't have any idea how to submit the expense even if I pay for it myself because I need a receipt for it

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@chiguy61 did you dispute the charge with your credit card company? If so, you should get a negative amount charge come in to your Available Expenses. Add both charges to the same report so they cancel each other out. 

Does your company have the Missing Receipt Declaration option turned on. You could use that since you don't have a receipt. Also, maybe reach out to the department at your company who assigns corporate cards to ask how to handle not having a receipt. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.