cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gbfranke
Occasional Member - Level 1

Expenseit in Concur Mobile App not working

My users are telling me that the SAP Concur mobile app requires their phone to have a PIN set.

Understandably, this can be considered quite a hassle as it affects every other function and use of the phone.  

Is there a way to disable the 'phone level' PIN and rely on just a username and password for using the mobile app?

Thanks in advance.

Gary

6 REPLIES 6
AnnaDizo
SAP Concur Employee
SAP Concur Employee

Hi @gbfranke,

Good day.

To understand the issue, are you referring to using  the same passwod that your Users use to log in to their Concur account on the web to log in to Concur mobile app?

Regards,

Anna

gbfranke
Occasional Member - Level 1

Sorry for the delay.

One user loaded the ExpenseIt app and tells me the app is asking him to set PIN code security on his phone, at the top level, just to get into his phone. 

He would rather just use his username and password to enter the app and not secure his entire phone for just this one app.

Can this PIN requirement be turned off somehow?

Thanks

Gary

AshleyB
SAP Concur, Former Employee

Hi @gbfranke,

If I understand you correctly, your employee is referring to the requirement to set a more secure password for their phone and not the mobile pin to login to the app. For example, your employee had a swipe to enter password and now must change it to a 7 digit password to open their phone. I have seen this question before and believe it is not something that can be removed as a requirement. This is in place to protect your company. They can choose to change their password to fit this requirement or simply utilize the desktop version.

I would be interested to hear how other community members have communicated this to their employees or handled it in general. Have you asked the User Admin Group? They would be a great resource. Join the group to get your fellow admin's insight! (Assuming you are an Admin for your company)    

Best,
Ashley Bragg
SAP Concur - Community Manager

Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
JRW
New Member - Level 1

I am getting tremendous push back from my employees on this issue.  I don't understand why Concur needs to dictate the phone level security.  You have your own security features. Why do you have to impact everything that happens on the phone?

This is causing great angst within my orginization with regard to T&E's. 

DavidN
Occasional Member - Level 3

Our employees are the same way but here is my take on it. If someone steals or "finds" your phone, they cannot get into your phone and see where you have driven if you use the mileage part of the app. They would also be able to tell where you have been according to your mileage maps and receipts.They may be able to see a pattern of when you are out of your house so they can go rob you because they figured out where you live by looking at your mileage maps. This sounds like something that would only happen in a movie but it does happen. Hopefully that made sense. I have always had a pattern on my phone. It is not a big deal. You get used to it and it becomes second nature. There are things about Concur that irritate me, but this is not one of them. It makes sense.

DavidW
Routine Member - Level 1

The pin is for pairing the device to the account.

I tell my users, "It is like the bluetooth in your car."

Never run into any issues except for when they get a new phone and need a reset.